ACM GWL- doubt

IMPORTANT UPDATE:
Good news - talked to Sandesh Gupta.
He said send the form with the DD, without the signatures and stamp. Later when the college re opens, send another copy of the form along with the stamp and the signatures.

EDIT : Main topic of discussion has changed to “not getting stamp/signatures at institutions due to diwali” as can be read in the answers further below.

OLD post =

2 quick doubts here -

My exam gets over on 18th December - I can only reach the Gwalior site by the evening of 19th Dec (assuming I make it to the onsite round). I believe that would mean I would not be able to make it to the practice round(s) held on 19th (if it starts before 5-6 pm). Will this be a problem ? Or is it allowed to make it onsite directly on the 20th ? I should ideally be there by 5-6 pm. Guide me through this please.

Is this algorithm used everywhere including GWL site for onsite selection -

step a)
select best team from each college (should have solved at least 1 problem)

step b)
after step a,

if remaining seats < 0
while remaining seats < 0
remove a team from selected ones with worst rank

else if remaining seats > 0
while remaining seats > 0
add a team which is not selected having the best rank

If this is not what will be followed at the GWL site then what will be ?

Would appreciate some help :slight_smile:

1 Like
  1. I remember that last year anudeep’s team reached on the morning of the actual contest, 2-3 hrs before it started. So, I guess missing the practice round is ok, if you have a valid reason.

2. Not sure about gwl’s method, but one other method that has been used previously is:

if there are seats remaining:
select 2nd best from each institute till seats are not filled

Then similarly with 3rd best and so on.

1 Like

Another doubt - is it necessary to have the college seal/stamp on the printed copy of the registration form which is supposed to be sent along the DD.

EDIT : please some one answer this asap - I need to post the form tomorrow.

My college is closed for 4 days due to diwali vacations. So I am unable to get the college stamp on the form. Will it be ok if I send the forms without my college stamp? reply asap. thanks.

EDIT: Is there any solution like if I send this form without seal right now(as it has to reach before 25th) and then after 3-4 days I send another copy of the form with the seal on it once the college reopens? Someone reply fast please.

1 Like

IMPORTANT UPDATE:
Good news - talked to Sandesh Gupta.
He said send the form with the DD, without the signatures and stamp. Later when the college re opens, send another copy of the form along with the stamp and the signatures.

3 Likes

That was quick. Thanks.
What happens if the no of teams from different institutions that have solved non 0 problems is more than onsite seats ?

The top ranked ones from unique institutions are selected first.

1 Like

Yes,it is necessary.And post it soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t think it will work . Are u sure there is no way to get the stamp?

Yes. I tried. but college won’t reopen before 27th october. :frowning: Isn’t there any procedure in such cases?

Well, i personally believe there is always some official person in the institute even though there are vacations. Anyways,try contacting someone from Kanpur site or send the form and hope for not getting rejected :slight_smile:

1 Like

The contact provided on kanpur site is not picking up (Sandesh G) since yesterday. No response for the email. Ideally there has to be someone at the institute to give the stamp - but as messed up as this is - there was actually no one to give the stamp.It seems like I will have to spectate this time unless for a miracle.

1 Like

same problem here also… please do tell if there is a solution to this.thank you

1 Like