Ratings dropped

My ratings have been dropped yet again courtesy a coder with the user name shuklayash94 | CodeChef User Profile for Yash shukla | CodeChef . Users like these try code from many good coders who mistakenly leave their solutions visible on ideone.com ,etc. Because of such users, the hard work of 10 days by many coders goes down the gutter. If closely looked into the profile by the admin, I am sure this would turn out to be a fake account. People who are reading this right now please look through his solutions of the previous long challenge.

1. CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

2. CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

3. CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

4. CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

5. CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

6. CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

7. CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

8. CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

9. CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

10. CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

I don’t think I have to say anything else. I would just like to ask the admin if such cheating cases should be dealt with both way punishment? Should a diligent coder like me who solved questions till the very last moment suffer because of the actions of such a user? Thank You.

2 Likes

My ratings were dropped because I copied BIG Integer Template from programming/bigint.cpp at master · anudeep2011/programming · GitHub :slight_smile: [ publically available ]

1. CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

2. CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

My solution matches with another because of it. I got full points for the question whereas the other person didn’t. Also, the logic differs. Expecting to get my ratings back otherwise don’t bother much because if you have knowledge you can get back your ratings and do even better. So spend your time learning new things, instead of bothering much about ratings! :slight_smile: Blocking your account would have been a different case.

15 Likes

my ratings have dropped too but i didn’t use any code from anyone. also the problems i solved doesn’t show up as solved in my profile :’(

1 Like

Sad to see coders getting penalized for nothing

1 Like

My Rating was also dropped 4K for about 14 to 15 morons copied my code of “chef and square” from October long challenge and October challenge just vanished from my profile.

1 Like

Well Codechef seems to take an “OSTRICH” approach here! I had stupidly and mistakenly submitted the code from my friends account!(Big blooper,I agree).But this certainly cant be punished by just stripping away all the points and dropping the ratings,there’s no logic in it.And this is a policy Codechef should review(a more dubious account should bear heavier penalty,false positives must be verified),you cant just state “read code of conduct” everywhere,for god sake you’re logically thinking programmers and not dumb computers.

Irony- Getting ratings reduced within 1 day after the long challenge, but increasing the ratings for false-positive cases taking so much time.

3 Likes

Hi Saumyajit, kindly send us an email regarding such instances. And please go through our code of conduct and the blog on the cheating saga below to understand what your mistake is:

1. Does CodeChef have any Code Of Conduct? - help - CodeChef Discuss
  2. The Cheating Cases Saga | CodeChef

Sir, my mistake is there and I agree but such cases are not cases where both the parties are equally punishable. The other user has blatantly tried code from everywhere to see which one gets better answers. Its very unfair that both of us receive the same degree of punishment and I have already sent a mail in this regard yesterday at 11:49 pm

1 Like

…and the answer to: “What to do?” is here for half an hour…

you must have received a mail giving you the links to the two codes that seemed to have been identical . check mail.

Oh, come on, if you can do better, share you idea, please!!!

It’s auto plagiarism detection and there can be false positive match in cases as @kaushik_iiitd described. I have no problem with that if CodeChef is willing to accept your reasoning why that happened.

@betlista I think, CodeChef should first send out the mails asking for clarification from users(to resolve false positive match issues) because either way the users will send out mails and call them.That would be a bigger problem since they have to update the ratings again if there are false positive cases, plus replying to so many people(headache).

If CodeChef would have banned my id, I would have been helpless and getting banned when you have worked hard is something which no-one wants, and is somewhat de-motivating for people.

So true… Nobody knows when they will revert back the ratins :confused:
Sad :confused: :confused:

2 Likes