Why are some previous contest questions not added to Peer section of Practice section .

Hey , I just solved a few problems from previous contests and later on found that there is no submit button . I searched for these problems in “Peer” section of “Practice” section and was not able to find it there . I got the reference of this problem from the solved problems of the accounts page of some other person . Are only selected problems from hosted contests moved to “Peer” section . In that case if a person solved a problem during the contest , it adds to his statistics while it does not add to my statistics since I cannot submit it now . @admin : can you clear this ??? please …
eg. DOORS problem from ByteCode 2012 .

3 Likes

yeah please clear this. The problems of BYTES 2013 weren’t moved to the Peer section as well

A couple of more threads have been started reporting the same problem . @admin : Please have a look at this . This continues to be a problem .

As it turns out, it was supposed that external contest problems were added to the Peer section… However, the vast majority of such problems are not added there…

IMHO, one of the reasons this happens it’s because not a single problem from that section is “CodeChef checked”, i.e., there is absolutely no guarantee about the test data for such problems…

This can cause some unwanted trouble, since people can get stuck on a problem and never actually solve it, only due to the fact that it’s broken, or the test data is incorrectly formatted, despite the fact that the algorithm is fully correct.

As such, try to guide yourself more by the easy-medium-hard sections than by the peer one…
And Im speaking from experience, where I was stuck on a problem for over 10 days, just to find out that the data was incorrectly formatted and I was “missing” a new line…

Bruno