Change in ratings.

After I completed submitting my solutions for December Long, I checked my ratings. 6491.something. I was ranked 777th in India, and today I checked in order to know whether December’s rating has been updated. I found my rank is now 779. is there some dynamic ratings going on?

2 Likes

same happened with me this time and even after the completion of NOV challenge but dont know why :-/

1 Like

During the contest, score for challenge problem is calculated for only 20% of inputs. After the contest score is recalculated for all inputs.

1 Like

It happened to me with LTime rating. Instead of rank my rating itself changed. After October LunchTime my rating was 1072 something(it was my first LunchTime). After somedays I found that it was changed to 1030 something before November LunchTime. I even sent an email to codechef regarding this but didn’t get any answer about what actually happened.

1 Like

This might be happening due to plagiarism cases, as if someone’s rating might be decreased by admin due to cheating and now if he/she is not found guilty, then their ratings may result in fluctuation in other’s rating and ranking.

Sorry for bad English… :frowning:

2 Likes

He is talking about the Long Contest ranking, not the DEC14 ranking.

2 Likes

And when i checked just now my long rating decreased from 1654.12 to 1653.38 and short rating from 719.79 to 719.09. The ratings which i mentioned where from just a few days back(around 10 days)

Really?

…solutions for December Long…

or

…whether December’s rating has been…

@betlista Please answer my question, it’s about rating in the Codechef Long. December ratings will be updated and added later.

Overall rating, right (for long contests)? In such case I do not know, sorry…

Ok it might be a possibility, thanks :slight_smile:

It’s ok, thanks :slight_smile:

yes, I’m talking about “after” November long challenge. Its ratings are more or less dynamic.

most welcome… :slight_smile:

@betlista I think his english is confusing but there were less than 6000 contestants in Dec14 and he mentioned he was 6491. Also, I interpreted “December’s rating” as the impact of Dec14 in the overall Long Contest rank.

1 Like

Yes it is case with LunchTime. I did 2-3 questions i think, but nothing changed. I don’t focus on LunchTime by the way. What you are mentioning about Long and Short ratings, it is true, I think some codes were rechecked.