Optimizations for SEAND2 (january challenge 14)

Anyone please explain SEAND2’s solution used by the toppers. Time constraint Simulated Annealing fetched me around 74% . I am wondering what the toppers have used ? I know they have many 2D tables tables and their own random permutation generators in their solutions, but don’t have any idea of their approaches.

I guess my simulated annealing solution was not perfect but i would like to know other peoples approaches.

thanks

2 Likes

The problem with simulated annealing is: how do you know that smaller search spaces will optimise the final answer?

I had thought of some evolutionary algorithms too but no fitness function came to mind which is close to optimal. One of the possible approaches was to try and reach a specific number, but I discarded that because it didn’t seem promising. You can have a look at my blog on this problem. Pretty much brute force all the way, but I tried to optimise as much as possible.

http://gauravsen.blog.com/2015/01/14/hello-world/

Happy Coding

You have the wrong tag, it should be jan15, not jan14! That might be why no one has answered. :confused:

1 Like

thanks , luc4sdreyer for pointing out this .