How to study a Developer's Manual effectively?

I’ve downloaded Intel’s Developer’s Manual to gain a deeper understanding on Computer Architecture. However the manual extends to almost 4000 pages. And its already looks a tiring job to even begin with. Can you guide me on to how I could effectively read the same.
Also throw some light on good reading practices on Memory Mapping and the related Memory Hierarchy (Cache etc).

Codechef platform for competitive programming and related discussions. For discussions on software development, please consider other platforms such as StackExchange sites.

On a side note, Intel is not expecting you to read an entire book. That’s crazy. The sole intention of developer’s manual is for reference (mostly required when you are writing a driver on Intel platforms. In such cases also, you just need to refer a tiny fraction of the book depending on your driver designs needs and implementations), not for specific “understanding” of computer architecture. For understanding CA, consider taking a CA course or books dedicated to teaching you CA.

Question was asked 1 year ago :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, noticed that after posting the answer :).