need help regarding easy coding

i am unable to understand the easy level questions also.I am a student of IT branch.Felling frustrated.Please help me how to cope up.

Looking at your codechef Id, I see there aren’t any submissions (whether wrong or right)… That means you haven’t tried at all…!

I dont’t know how much knowledge you have regarding the programming, if you have basic knowledge then start from Easy Questions which have highest number of solutions & move up from that.

If you don’t have basic knowledge of programming, then first get some book or work on online material to get basic understanding of your preferred language & start building logic… After you feel comfortable with your knowledge then only jump into competitive programming… DONT START IF YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT PROGRAMMING…

CLEAR YOUR BASICS, SOLVE PROBLEMS WHICH ARE AT LAST IN EASY SECTION OF CODECHEF, GIVE AS MUCH TIME AS YOU CAN TO PRACTICING QUESTIONS…

Sleep. Code. Eat. Repeat.

Hey pooja,

Will you please ask yourself why you started with this competitive programming? Possibly, answer will be because you want to learn. Did you try committing anything before starting? If no, then please do. Anything we learn is not a piece of cake :P. It needs patience and passion. You have just started, so don’t let your morale down by letting it frustrate you. Anytime you are unable to solve any problem, try challenging yourself, way like, what’s so tough in this problem that you can do. Focus on basics and try different approaches to even simplest of all problems. Go through some very basic things(you must have done Sumita arora in your +2), if not go for Let us C/C++ by yashwant Kanetkar or Dennis Ritche and kernighen. They’ll help you getting in the world of programming.

Don’t keep the feel that you are lagging behind, just keep the desire to move ahead. The two are very different. Latter will give you morale and you’ll yourself get the impetus to move. Regarding problems, brush up with the basics and learn some specific topics like sorting and basic data structures. Practise question on them and go for geeksforgeeks.org. Start practising there and do practical implementation here. You’ll atleast enjoy. Don’t be demotivated.

Happy coding… :slight_smile:

3 Likes