ACM-ICPC Preparation

hi…I m new to ACM-ICPC …I want to prepare for it…I want to opinion of experts and others…How Can Beginner prepare for ACM-ICPC from zero level…how to participate in it and what is egilibility for it?.. thanks in advance…

1 Like

u should be a student…thats d only eligibility required friend…and codechef is the best platform to prepare for icpc

1 Like

@gokul95 yeah I m 3rd year student of CSE…how to know about problem level…and how to apply??

Here is eligibility tree which will help you to check - are you eligible for this season or not :slight_smile:

I am not sure that CodeChef is best platform to prepare. But at least it is a good one for beginners. You may check tasks from previous regionals all over the world at Live Archive, and also look at some local judges for problems from preliminary contests in your region (I believe that even CodeChef have a lot of them presented for India, but I never looked into it).

4 Likes

@rcsldav2017 you can have look at previous questions which have already come in the ICPC contests. They may help you in understanding how much level you currently possess.

1 Like

@rcsldav2017 http://icpc.baylor.edu/worldfinals/problems

1 Like

start doing easy practice problems in codechef, then you will know about the type of questions. try participating in some coding contests also, you will definitely gain experience. I am also a 3rd yr CSE student from NIT Trichy.

1 Like

@king_of_hacker I have done lot of easy question.*Now * time for solving bit higher level problem…

@lebron i have not got what did you say? please explain…thanks

@apptica but how

??

@lebron thank you very much

Wasting WF problems before the moment when you are actually preparing to WF with your team is a horrible idea.

2 Likes

What exactly isn’t clear for you?

ya then start doing june challenge 2015, the contest has already started

@lebron Wasting WF problems before the moment when you are actually preparing to WF with your team is a horrible idea??
what does mean of it??

is it easy enough :sweat_smile: