How would you rate june challenge 2015? june15

Please give your reviews, so that everyone will come to know how good they have done in the contest.

1 Like

This is my second participation in the long contest.I have been able to solve three questions and all of them taught me something.According to me,the difficulty level is high as I am forced to think on the minute mistakes that people often make and learn from them.

2 Likes

This time challenge is looking like a challenge…need to learn a lot.

2 Likes

one doubt i have can anyone help me out…after looking problem how come to know what should i learn to implement any question…if this question is violation of codechef terms please tell me…

Much better and tougher than April and May challenge this year. Happy to solve some good questions with good optimizations.

2 Likes

Mathematical to say the least

4 Likes

The problem CHEFBOOK is the same as ACM ICPC Dhaka Regional 2014 pD Flood in GridLand. And there exist brief editorial. It help me a lot during contest. >_<

4 Likes

This is my experience. when i started Codechef 3-4 months back it took me 7 attempts to solve “Life ,universe and everything”. Then in the summer vacation now I took may Ltime and may cook off and I was able to solve 2 questions each but after getting 3-4 wrong answers.This time I decided to extensively check my solution and then submit. And I got first 400 of June long challenge 4 attempts.But then came the chef and string and i lost my tag of successful submission on first attempt.I got 100 in chef and string after 8-9 attempts and that was upto my brain could work. Anti commutative implication jammed my brain and then I didn’t had the courage to even to read remaining question .
I learned new data structures like suffix array ,trie,lcp and even did hashing in chef and string

2 Likes

@rcsldav2017 my strategy is to just think of the solution which is very easy to implement i.e. bruteforce with any complexity. Then I check for what is increasing my complexity. Now if you know how to reduce complexity then its good or else you can google that particular issue and you may get various list of algorithms implementing these.

1 Like

GREAT CONTEST AND GREEAT NUMBER OF SUBMISSIONS.

GREAT GOING CODECHEF

READ IT - Mathematical Programming - Wikipedia

5 Likes

I wrote few words about it at Quora - Is codechef June long challenge 2015 tougher than usual?.

2 Likes

contest was good, but toughness level is to be increased.

Difficult but manageable.
Lot many things to learn.

1 Like

ya thats the crucial part, finding what we should implement, we can get this only by experience

you want it to be more difficult than this…