Please Scrap COOK-OFF 61

This is frustrating. No description is needed I think.
I request the admin to scrap this round and please give us a new chance.

EDIT: JUSTICE HAS BEEN MADE. COOK-OFF 61 HAS BEEN DECLARED UNRATED. TOP 75 CONTESTANTS FROM EACH NEXT TWO COOK OFFs WOULD GET THE REIMBURSEMENTS.

THANK_YOU @admin

15 Likes

worst management in this cook off please scrap this

1 Like

Totally agreed!

please cancel this contest…and hold this on a different date with a fresh problem set.

1 Like

Totally agreed, It is actually frustrating. When we try to submit solution, Bad gateway or Internal error occurs. Contest page is just reloading again and again after 2 minutes which should have been stopped. For the second question, when I submitted a solution, it did not even submit even, just waiting for codechef.com was coming below and finally error, and suddenly when I open up my submissions page, there is submission present there.

2 Likes

It took me 5 minutes each to code first two problems, and 15-20 mins to submit them.
DISAPPOINTED :frowning:

2 Likes

Worst management

It was like I am at a Sale , I have picked up my shopping list items but I can’t bill it at counter as there are so many people like me and only few counters.

P.S. - sorry for poorly thought example , but I guess you get my point . Don’t worry I believe in codechef , they will improve.

Hey All, We deeply regret the inconvenience. We will rectify the issues and ensure smoother proceedings in the future contests.

7 Likes

Codechef host cookoff contest on hackerrank or on codeforces from next time…

18 Likes

yes… this should be held once more with a proper management.

Re-contest please !

agreed, scrap it and redo it!

don’t scrap it but have another one maybe?

2 Likes

this time first 2 questions was simple almost solved in 5-6 minute but submission takes almost 1.5 to 2. hours…that is not good …

if they are facing problem related number of participants. they should make registration form for user where all user who all going to part in contest can register, based on that they can predict how much user will take part…how strong server they need…and they should manage in advance (before start of competition)

I think it will helpful…

please post your review …(how this problem can be solved??)…

i think instead of scraping off this one since many have solved at least 2 questions, it will be better to hold one more contest which will count for ACM ICPC because obviously the rankings for this contest are not justified. it took me a long time to submit my solutions although i had done the code for the first 2 problems within 20 minutes. scrap off the top50 things atleast snce it is not justice for Indians

hats off @saanc for starting this discussion despite standing 3rd among indians eligible for icpc sponsorship coders like you re-instate our faith in hard work and dedication
on a lighter note-tourist couldnt solve 5 questions any guesses what the reason might be :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s really too frustrating.
Please increase your server capacity to process more request at contest.

worst contest management. worst. worst.
the money you are giving to participant you should use in more servers. worst.

Codechef sucks big time. They have an extremely bad platform. Switch to codeforces guys.