This is really frustrating codechef! :(

I have never got so many wrong answers but then this question came CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone on codechef(LTIME27).Still i am not able to find a test case where my code fails.Please someone find a test case for me…I have matched with all the test cases(in the first 2 pages) of the editorial page of this probelm and all those cases works fine in my code…Link to my code:
CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone
To add fuel to the fire One solution from my college mate:
https://www.codechef.com/viewplaintext/7956106
(accepetd by codechef)
is giving wrong answer at
10 4
3 6
2 9
4 5
8 9
output:
((()()()()

while mine is giving correct answer (Wrong answer by codechef):
10 4
3 6
2 9
4 5
8 9
output:
()((()))()

Isn’t this frustrating codechef?

Please someone find a test case where my code fails…(I have tried a lot).That will be really helpful codechef…

I second that. I went through an accepted solution which returns ()()() for 1 6 2 1 4 0 5 while the correct answer should have been (()()). The test cases are probably incorrect.

i too agree with that. I got wrong answer for my submissions. While my friend’s code was accepted which returns ()(()) for the following test case: n=6; k=3; {x,y}={1,2}{0,5},{3,4}.
According to me, the correct answer should be (()())

Hey, Easy test case may have one or more than one answer, so you cant judge based on the output.

Your code does not account for test cases where one of the query limits coincide:
10 3
0 9
1 2
1 4

Your solution gives wrong answer for the test case:

6 2

1 2

1 4

The answer provided by your code is : (()))), which is wrong. One correct answer could be (()()).
Another test case where your solution fails is:

12 2

3 6

5 10

Actually, the logic of your solution is wrong, please try to figure it out.

As far as the accepted wrong solutions are concerned, absence of some strong test cases is responsible for that. One of saddest realities is that the assessment can never be perfect. :frowning: Lucky them!

Your code fails most of the test Cases. I think Codechef has included some new testcases in Practice section in Clost.

Actually while writing the code i thought that the query limits will not overlap!!

My solution is giving correct answer in all above test cases … but still is WA .
Could anyone give some test cases in which it fails ??
My solution is CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone
Thanks in Advance :slight_smile:

Hi All,

We apologize for it, test cases of CLOST were weak. We have added strong test cases in practice session. We are really sorry for inconvenience.

CLOST editorial page is not opening for several hours!