Unfair Karma System

To me too please.

4 Likes

same problem with me too brother.can somebody upvote so that i can increase my karma points…have lots of questions to ask.please.

3 Likes

seriously… i went through same trouble…chef please relax such rules!

1 Like

Please upvote me i have doubts to ask.

Thanks.

4 Likes

I also feel so,as i also not having karma Points and not able to ask Question!

4 Likes

The karma system is completely fair. Yes the starting karma is 1 and this raises issues for beginners. But that also prevents users to spam the discuss section by creating fake identities. You need to work a little on your account and prove that you are serious towards codechef. Its not difficult to raise karma, if you are kind and smart enough!

Yes, anyone must be allowed to ask questions but how would you check if the user is genuine? In your hypothesis, if all the students are allowed to ask, what if there are some mischievous children? People at codechef have to keep their forum clean so that at least the people with some karma get their answers correctly. If karma to ask question is decreased to 1, the quality of the questions and answers would take a hit too.

Happy Coding!

1 Like

yes me too it should be changed…

7 Likes

Please upvote me too

2 Likes

This karma system is full of flaws.
Let’s say I’m new to coding and i don’t have answers to many questions posted by people with “GOOD KARMA” points.
So, what should i do ?

I’ve so many questions to ask as I’m new to coding and about different stuff.

I understand this measure was taken to clean up the forum and avoid spam, but what i feel that blocking users with down voting system is better than the current karma system.

2 Likes

Please upvote me ,I need to ask questions.
Thanks.

2 Likes

yes i faced same

2 Likes

Please upvote me by 1.

1 Like

Agree with you. Please look into it. @admin

1 Like

Upvote needed. Please help

1 Like

I too feel the same, I get stuck sometimes and need help to proceed forward but because of karma points, I cannot.

Can please someone upvote me for karma’s?

1 Like

Please upvote me too, I also have questions to ask.
Thanks.

1 Like

I think @rishabh.jain9196 is right and getting points from your efforts is better than getting it for free.

1 Like

agree with you all

1 Like

guys upvote me too,i too have doubts

1 Like

What I would suggest is : “allow everyone to post questions”. Keep a filter like ‘high karma’. On applying the filter only questions posted by ‘high karma’ people would be displayed. So, in that way, quality won’t be compromised and ‘low karma’ people would also be able to ask questions. Everyone will be happy. Consider this @admin.

1 Like