Extremely weak test cases in JULY 16 CHEFTET

This guy deserves a medal! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I wish Codechef had strict test cases like Codeforces…even easier questions would be challenging

Can someone tell me output for second problem of july challenge for following test case

1 5 6 8 10 14 16 19 20 25 28 30 35 36 40 45

1 Like

I made a function solve(), which was empty back then, and tried to submit it, and GOT AN AC! :stuck_out_tongue:
I even commented on the problem. The problem is ambiguous, a lot of things are unclear!

Well, why were you discussing the ongoing contest problem with your room mate though? You accept that you did not abide by CoC? :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

12 Likes

Mail codechef about this and they may update the test cases as they have done a few times earlier :)…your roommate will be surely mad at you :stuck_out_tongue:

I solved the question by O(4*n), and the code is not short.
Unbelievable, there are many people got AC by the wrong algorithm, and with only 2 line code?!
I was so sad to know about that. QwQ

2 Likes

I even commented this on the problem statement page, whether or not all B[i] have to be used and as you can expect no admin, setter, tester replied. This is sad, problem statement is not clear :frowning:

1 Like

@ashwanigautam I too have asked this question 4 days ago in problem statement page and have tagged the admin and the author. Inspite of all that no reply yet.

Yeah definitely the problem statement is so milsleading that it took me 20 submissions to get AC and that too after referring this blog post. Thanks!! I dont know how both the problem setter and tester didnt notice the fault in the problem statement.

1 Like

If more test cases is added it should be done as soon as possible, so there is time left to submit a new correct solution, in case one’s approved solution is invalid.

Also the explanation for the second example case is wrong. I mentioned it in a comment 2 days ago but the comment hasn’t been published nor has the example been fixed. I would fix it myself if I could.

@admin test cases for 25 point for chefarc are really weak.I can provide you test cases on which my code should give WA but still works on yours :slight_smile:

2 lines code logic!! I wonder what those lines could be…

Even I commented the same on the problem statement page along with a test case. I have even figured out the probable test cases set by the admins of this particular problem. No response received yet on my comment.

Will the test cases be ever updated I don’t know what’s talking so long. It would be really helpful if you update test cases ASAP as if one’s solution fail he can review and resubmit his code not like a LTIME where testcases were updated after the contest.

please clarify the JULY CHALLENGE problem 02 , test case number 2.

Well , this was a disaster , first I have to assume that some element from B can remain in B . Thanks to this thread . Second , I have to assume that we can use same element of b multiple times . Since it is once in a blue moon mistake by tester and author so no offence to codechef .

1 Like

So it seems they added new test cases:-

08/07/2016, 1234 hrs IST: Test data of problem CHEFTET was weak. We have put all the submissions for rejudge. Please resubmit your solution if you are affected by it. We really regret the inconvenience.

Thankfully my solution wasn’t affected.

@admin So, what is it finally, do we have to use all the elements of b? And can we use the same element of b multiple times?

4 Likes