Extremely weak test cases in JULY 16 CHEFTET

I even commented this on the problem statement page, whether or not all B[i] have to be used and as you can expect no admin, setter, tester replied. This is sad, problem statement is not clear :frowning:

1 Like

@ashwanigautam I too have asked this question 4 days ago in problem statement page and have tagged the admin and the author. Inspite of all that no reply yet.

Yeah definitely the problem statement is so milsleading that it took me 20 submissions to get AC and that too after referring this blog post. Thanks!! I dont know how both the problem setter and tester didnt notice the fault in the problem statement.

1 Like

If more test cases is added it should be done as soon as possible, so there is time left to submit a new correct solution, in case one’s approved solution is invalid.

Also the explanation for the second example case is wrong. I mentioned it in a comment 2 days ago but the comment hasn’t been published nor has the example been fixed. I would fix it myself if I could.

@admin test cases for 25 point for chefarc are really weak.I can provide you test cases on which my code should give WA but still works on yours :slight_smile:

2 lines code logic!! I wonder what those lines could be…

Even I commented the same on the problem statement page along with a test case. I have even figured out the probable test cases set by the admins of this particular problem. No response received yet on my comment.

Will the test cases be ever updated I don’t know what’s talking so long. It would be really helpful if you update test cases ASAP as if one’s solution fail he can review and resubmit his code not like a LTIME where testcases were updated after the contest.

please clarify the JULY CHALLENGE problem 02 , test case number 2.

Well , this was a disaster , first I have to assume that some element from B can remain in B . Thanks to this thread . Second , I have to assume that we can use same element of b multiple times . Since it is once in a blue moon mistake by tester and author so no offence to codechef .

1 Like

So it seems they added new test cases:-

08/07/2016, 1234 hrs IST: Test data of problem CHEFTET was weak. We have put all the submissions for rejudge. Please resubmit your solution if you are affected by it. We really regret the inconvenience.

Thankfully my solution wasn’t affected.

@admin So, what is it finally, do we have to use all the elements of b? And can we use the same element of b multiple times?

4 Likes

Now anybody tell me that can B contain some elements at the end ?

The problem statement should be updated
There is too much confusion about whether B can retain some elements or if the same element can be used multiple times. Else it is not clear.

In the problem statement of CHEFTET its written that:-
“array B is falling on array A, such that number Bi is directly above the number Ai initially.”
“If element Bi falls on Ai, Ai gets increased by Bi.”
So that means Bi must fall on Ai then only Ai increases and if Bi falls on any of Ai-1 or Ai+1 then it doesnt increases as per problem statement but in test case no 2 last both 10’s are falling on same number 1.
What does that means will anyone tell me.??

Two lines? Seriously? :open_mouth: No wonder so many users solved it.

I will share the submission once the contest will be over :stuck_out_tongue: , and in case they don’t change the cases , I am sure this will be disaster .
@admin please look into this

@apptica Exactly , it seems as if the problem was meant to be cakewalk .

Hi @apptica, we will take a look into this complaint and take necessary action very soon. Thanks for notifying.