Codechef Goodies!

Hey @admin, Today I got the mail stating codechef goodies site is now active but there are only few goodies there, Is there a possibility of addition of more goodies such as shirts, etc.?

7 Likes

You win 300 laddus on winning a contest and a duck costs 1250. FML!

13 Likes

Edit: You can find the details here: The duck, the cube and the ball. | CodeChef

We have taken great care and effort to make these goodies for you. We had received multiple complaints from the community of using the same goodies again and again. People were tired of our t-shirts! Pen drives were too mainstream. And being the geeks that we are, we were having a hard time in coming up with good ideas of doing something different.

So though we we knew we would like to change the goodies, we did not quite know what to bring in. After a lot of pondering, brainstorming and thinking, we decided on these. And making them was not easy at all. It took us a lot of time and effort to get exactly what we wanted this time. Trust us. You will not regret getting them. Try out a few.

Regarding new goodies, certainly we will keep adding them. But then we know now that it is not an easy job. It takes us time. These should suffice for some time to come in future. We believe we have done a good job. We hope you will like them too. Let us know how do you feel about them. And do keep sending us your feedback. We are driven by it.

2 Likes

Seriously, its so demotivating that you can’t get anything after getting into top 20 of LC at least it should have been taken care that something costed less than 300 ladoos as we get only 300 ladoos after getting in top 20 in LC and its not very easy for an average contestant to achieve this frequently

And Removing T-shirt was seriously wrong decision because in my opinion t-shirt is most honored prize for a competitive programmer.

Also before this ladoo system goodies were sent to top 20 and now top 20 can’t get any thing (from ladoos of a single contest) it seems codechef is doing some serious cost cutting :stuck_out_tongue: as 1 gets 2 smiley balls after getting into top 20 of 2 LCs .

Its better to have no prizes than this like CF rounds.

16 Likes

In my opinion, CodeChef should at least add one T-shirt for around 250 laddus. People who got bored of t-shirts could redeem something else but removing T-shirt is not a solution as many of us have never won any T-shirt and would like to get that so called boring t-shirt anyway.

13 Likes

I don’t really understand the “swag” in stress ball and rubik’s cube . The “swag” part about tshirts was that you could wear them and brag about your achievement . Who is going to know you achieved a rank in long challenge when all you got was a lame rubik’s cube and stress ball :frowning: . Stress balls are like 5 bucks a piece xD .
Maybe the people getting “bored” of tshirts were the ones who entered top 20 on a frequent basis .For someone who did it for the first time , this is a huge dissapointment , after all the months of delay they could have come up with something much much better than this .

14 Likes

Please add T-shirt,pen-drives,diaries etc. at some reasonable laddus. If other top programmers are complaining that these things are too mainstream,then its better to provide everyone with more options(like the 3 ones) but what is the point in removing the mainstream goods. :frowning:

6 Likes

What about people who have earned goodies before this new system was introduced? will they receive a t-shirt? or just some points?

Here is my bug report (One year ago):

Here is the response from team Codechef:

I didn’t receive anything.
I’ve never received a T-Shirt from a competitive programming website before, and this really means a lot to me.

Again, thanks for everything.

5 Likes

We want those T-Shirts back! And soon too!

6 Likes

Time to leave planet earth…

11 Likes

Atleast add T-shirts. As my fellow programmers have already mentioned, I feel it is the best goody to recieve and show-off your achievement by wearing it in public…

I have been waiting for a few months for this system to begin but now I am disappointed… :frowning:

7 Likes

The Rubiks Cube doesn’t seem to have any form of Codechef logo, it’s just like a normal Rubik’s cube, and it costs 2000 laddus (~7 contests -_-).

Why are there no T-shirts :’(

3 Likes

Okay I have no laddus but still here is my opinion. :stuck_out_tongue:

1. As others said, every goodie is too pricy.
  2. Seriously why no t-shirts? Maybe top programmers are tired of getting too many t-shirts but many people still want it.

Goodies recommendations

1. T-shirts, Hoodies, Caps with customizability like adding your handle or a quote.
  2. Pen drives, Mousepad
  3. Notepad, pen, bag, stickers, paper weight
  4. Cup, Key chains

LOL! xD

7 Likes

Epic Troll by CodeChef. I was really a bit dejected to see those goodies :stuck_out_tongue: LOL.

2 Likes

Why can’t I click on the Add to Cart button for the T-shirt. (for others it seems to work fine) Is it a bug?

2 Likes

I miss that duck… It was sooo cute :frowning:

jokes apart, the same tshirt was given to winners from “1 contest” earlier, now I need to win atleast 3 :frowning:

3 Likes

New goodies, ducks and stress balls removed.

T- Shirts are back.

1 Like

This is not fair. Earliar we got shirt for ever contest. Now, to earn a t-shirt you need to win in 3 contests or more.

Not happy with the laddu system.

2 Likes

If you are in top 20 ,i mean u reached so far for a shirt?? oh no being in top20 is more rewarding than a shirt.man>>
but t-shirts must be there we want them soon

1 Like

if i’m in top 20 seriously speaking i don’t want any of these.i am working to be better it’s good if they are encouraging us to participate.codechef wants more and more participants (firstly there were prizes for 1st abd 2nd) that’s why they added these things.

1 Like