Codechef Goodies!

I don’t really understand the “swag” in stress ball and rubik’s cube . The “swag” part about tshirts was that you could wear them and brag about your achievement . Who is going to know you achieved a rank in long challenge when all you got was a lame rubik’s cube and stress ball :frowning: . Stress balls are like 5 bucks a piece xD .
Maybe the people getting “bored” of tshirts were the ones who entered top 20 on a frequent basis .For someone who did it for the first time , this is a huge dissapointment , after all the months of delay they could have come up with something much much better than this .

14 Likes

Please add T-shirt,pen-drives,diaries etc. at some reasonable laddus. If other top programmers are complaining that these things are too mainstream,then its better to provide everyone with more options(like the 3 ones) but what is the point in removing the mainstream goods. :frowning:

6 Likes

What about people who have earned goodies before this new system was introduced? will they receive a t-shirt? or just some points?

Here is my bug report (One year ago):

Here is the response from team Codechef:

I didn’t receive anything.
I’ve never received a T-Shirt from a competitive programming website before, and this really means a lot to me.

Again, thanks for everything.

5 Likes

We want those T-Shirts back! And soon too!

6 Likes

Time to leave planet earth…

11 Likes

Atleast add T-shirts. As my fellow programmers have already mentioned, I feel it is the best goody to recieve and show-off your achievement by wearing it in public…

I have been waiting for a few months for this system to begin but now I am disappointed… :frowning:

7 Likes

The Rubiks Cube doesn’t seem to have any form of Codechef logo, it’s just like a normal Rubik’s cube, and it costs 2000 laddus (~7 contests -_-).

Why are there no T-shirts :’(

3 Likes

Okay I have no laddus but still here is my opinion. :stuck_out_tongue:

1. As others said, every goodie is too pricy.
  2. Seriously why no t-shirts? Maybe top programmers are tired of getting too many t-shirts but many people still want it.

Goodies recommendations

1. T-shirts, Hoodies, Caps with customizability like adding your handle or a quote.
  2. Pen drives, Mousepad
  3. Notepad, pen, bag, stickers, paper weight
  4. Cup, Key chains

LOL! xD

7 Likes

Epic Troll by CodeChef. I was really a bit dejected to see those goodies :stuck_out_tongue: LOL.

2 Likes

Why can’t I click on the Add to Cart button for the T-shirt. (for others it seems to work fine) Is it a bug?

2 Likes

I miss that duck… It was sooo cute :frowning:

jokes apart, the same tshirt was given to winners from “1 contest” earlier, now I need to win atleast 3 :frowning:

3 Likes

New goodies, ducks and stress balls removed.

T- Shirts are back.

1 Like

This is not fair. Earliar we got shirt for ever contest. Now, to earn a t-shirt you need to win in 3 contests or more.

Not happy with the laddu system.

2 Likes

If you are in top 20 ,i mean u reached so far for a shirt?? oh no being in top20 is more rewarding than a shirt.man>>
but t-shirts must be there we want them soon

1 Like

if i’m in top 20 seriously speaking i don’t want any of these.i am working to be better it’s good if they are encouraging us to participate.codechef wants more and more participants (firstly there were prizes for 1st abd 2nd) that’s why they added these things.

1 Like

tshirts should be there but shirts .you are here for shirts :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would recommend adding list of famous Algorithm & Programming books to the goodies.

1 Like

Please add the Tshirts. Its one of the most sought after goodie in codechef.

That duck is not just any duck. Read the description. It is the legendary Debugging Duck. It will talk to you, it will listen to you, and when you’re wrong it will yell “Not like this you dumbo!”, but it will never leave your side. With this, your days of pulling your hairs while debugging are behind you. Go for it. You will not regret.

3 Likes

Yes, that duck isn’t just another duck, it has an emotion attached to it. We programmers need a buddy when we are stuck and they are just perfect. While talking to them you’ll feel them doing the magic. It’s just perfect, get one for yourself. For more detailed explanation on rubber duck debugging refer this Rubber duck debugging - Wikipedia

2 Likes