Problem with Chef and Bipartite Graphs ICPC16F

your solution is wrong. u also have to take care not to assign degree more than D. i see that u haven’t taken care of that. @nmalviya

@nmalviya Try this case 100 10000 1 10

UPD-Sorry Wrong Case…

guys,most of you have made same mistake.you all are printing edges and then checking the condition.
@nmalviya Try this:
1 0 0 1
your output is 1 1.but no. of edges to be printed is 0.
hope this helps.

Yes, I have the same doubt.

Rejudging solutions still doesn’t give us the time we would have got “during” the contest.

Not to mention those 10 minutes of “running” for each supposedly wrong submission.

So many faults while hosting such an important contest is simply not justified.

4 Likes

Did u guys handle the case when m=0 and n=0?? Even I couldn’t figure it out until the contest finished. :frowning:

@jainy6
According to the constraints given in the question n >= 1

My Solution

Oh ya @mohitbindal644. Didn’t see that… And I’m again badly curious for the reason y I got WA.

I just don’t know what people at Codechef office are happy about.
Reference: Redirecting...

There servers weren’t ready to take the load of the high submission rate but still they went for the Common Online Test. My team was logged out 9-10 times due to session limit and the submission’s were in Queue for more than 20 minutes. It’s just frustating.

@ankesh18 It is giving WA instead of TLE.

@naksh9619
d and D should be less than equal to n to make a valid bipartite graph.
1 2 1 3 is not valid input.

2 Likes

further m<=n*n condition is also not satisfied in your case.

answer -1 is coming from his code and that’s the correct answer

1 Like

@tumblehead When n=100 and m=10000,every node of bipartite graph has degree 100, which doesn’t satisfy the condition d<=deg(v)<=D (d=1 & D=10). And @nmalviya1929 's code is giving -1 answer for that, which is correct.

1 Like

Approach used here is greedy and degree of n nodes is increased one by one. To increase degree of all nodes by one, we need n edges. And condition m<=((2nD)/2) is already checked.

1 Like

There is a constraint mentioning d>=1

Solutions are rejudged…

2 Likes

Solutions have been rejudged

1 Like

They have just made a joke of acm-icpc. 5 adhoc questions , 20 mins long queue, login suspension , unverified data of “F” question. Its one of the worst contest i have ever given :frowning: and the excuse they are giving is that it happened with everyone else. Cant find anything wrong with this solution QMnxGN - Online C++0x Compiler & Debugging Tool - Ideone.com

1 Like

True, My team and I made 5 submissions for this questions, and each returned WA after 10 minutes, and upon rejudging, all got Accepted. This not only wasted a lot of time and energy spent on this question, but also prevented us from moving on to the next question.

We understand server capacity couldn’t have been estimated, but having weak test cases is just not cool.