You are not logged in. Please login at www.codechef.com to post your questions!

[closed] ZCO 2017 Discussion

What do all of you think about ZCO will it be Reorganized or all who participated in ZCO will be entitled for INOI?

asked 20 Nov '16, 19:15

coder_voder's gravatar image

2★coder_voder
accept rate: 8%

closed 14 Dec '16, 20:56

The question has been closed for the following reason "Problem is not reproducible or outdated" by coder_voder 14 Dec '16, 20:56

I frequently got disconnected saying "Your session has been expired". I had to change about 5 computers during the exam. Also, I could'nt run my test cases in DevC++.. The output window closes itself even before I gave the input. :( I request all those who had faced technical issues to mail IARCS reporting them about the same..

FLASH NEWS!! All those who were present for ZCO 2017 are eligible for INOI 2017.

link
This answer is marked "community wiki".

answered 20 Nov '16, 19:18

kiddoranger's gravatar image

2★kiddoranger
accept rate: 0%

edited 21 Nov '16, 14:45

Same as above, I had to change about 20 times barely even got the chance to code. Couldn't submit solutions either :/

(20 Nov '16, 19:32) reikjavic3★

Btw, I too was able to solve only the first question.. :(

(20 Nov '16, 19:38) kiddoranger2★

I gave ZCO in Kolkata .It was PLAIN HORRIBLE. I thought about the problems for about 30 minutes : was able to find a complete solution to the second problem and the first two sub-parts of the first problem. However, the problems started when I started to code. The dev-cpp closed one time and all the code was lost. Once the computer hanged and some time was wasted.And the MOST MAJOR PROBLEM was that I could not test my program on the dev-cpp as every time I tried to run the code, the command-prompt mysteriously closed within 5 seconds, EVEN IF I DID NOT TOUCH THE KEYBOARD. The result was that I could only submit the solution to the server and hope for the best and try to discern my flaws from the input and the expected output. As a result, I could only get the first two sub-tasks correct of the first problem and got 0 in the second one, even though I had solved it soundly.

I have already mailed IARCS about this and I would suggest all those whose exam went badly due to technical errors to do the same.

link

answered 20 Nov '16, 19:25

rajarshi_basu's gravatar image

6★rajarshi_basu
accept rate: 10%

edited 20 Nov '16, 20:08

In my opinion, ZCO 2017's experience was worse than the previous year's. The console problem hampered my performance throughout, I couldn't input custom test cases nor could I know what my program was outputting. All I could hope for was the feedback of the judge which was very slow and took as much as 5 mins to respond and during that time I could not even go back to the IDE! The problems were fairly easy but debugging my code for them was a nightmare, without the output console I had to rely on the age old read-through-your-program method(which is often not useful). A couple of times the judge threw a compile time error saying "bits/stdc++.h" is unrecognised even though it worked perfectly on the other subtasks! I gave ZCO in the Kolkata centre where the invigilators were very ignorant regarding the problems we faced and literally scolded us for testing the IDE before the exam began!! I really hope IARCS shifts their platform to codechef... It would be so perfect!

I am going to mail the authority regarding the issues and hope they will figure a way out.

link

answered 20 Nov '16, 20:13

nil_code's gravatar image

2★nil_code

edited 20 Nov '16, 22:57

ZCO problems: Q1. Given an array S and a number T, find the number of solutions for S[ i ]+S[j]+S[k]+S[l]=T, where i<j<k<l. N<=5000. Q2. In a 2D plane (NxM), there are lasers and boxes. Every laser travels horizontally and when it encounter a black box, it stops and if it encounters two white boxes it stops. You are given the location of these boxes and the rest are initial locations of lasers. Find the sum of all the distances travelled by the lasers. n,m<=10^6 and b,w<=10^5.

link

answered 20 Nov '16, 20:47

sid64's gravatar image

3★sid64

Lasers travel towards right and even if it encounters a black box after a white box it stops.

(20 Nov '16, 20:59) sid643★

Congratulations to all the ZCO participants I stated my problems to Madhavan Mukund sir and got reply just now "Thanks for reporting the problems at Chandigarh. There were also other problems at other centres. We will directly allow all ZCO candidates present on Sunday to write INOI in January. A formal notification will be sent out as soon as we receive the attendance lists from TCS."

link

answered 21 Nov '16, 08:57

kartik3390's gravatar image

2★kartik3390

Cheers guys, I mailed Dr. Madhavan about the issues I faced.This is the reply I received: "Thanks for reporting the problems at Chennai. There were also other problems at other centres. We will directly allow all ZCO candidates present on Sunday to write INOI in January. A formal notification will be sent out as soon as we receive the attendance lists from TCS."

link

answered 21 Nov '16, 11:59

jeswinjacob's gravatar image

0★jeswinjacob

I wrote ZIO this year. I didnt face any problem....But not all ZCO candidates must be selected for INOI. This is an unfair decision and will affect a lot of ZIO candidates also. A re-exam must be conducted and only those who do well should be selected...I find this very unfair.

link

answered 29 Nov '16, 11:47

harishm17's gravatar image

1★harishm17
accept rate: 14%

Btw.. what problems did u face?? @coder_voder

link

answered 20 Nov '16, 19:20

kiddoranger's gravatar image

2★kiddoranger

The server not responded and the PC shutdown many times we got only 15 mins in total and all other time we sitted their.

(20 Nov '16, 19:24) coder_voder2★

Oh.. That's is really awful.. :(

(20 Nov '16, 19:25) kiddoranger2★

HORRIBLE is the only word for TCS ION, I'm sure IARCS worked pretty hard but TCS ion's shitty system put it all in the vain.

Almost everybody at the Indore centre got disconnected >=3 times during entire examination, Lets hope there's justice to everybody.

Fingers Crossed.

link

answered 20 Nov '16, 19:30

theweblover007's gravatar image

2★theweblover007

The experience at Patna was totally horrible. The questions were extremely easy and both could be solved in approximately 1.5 hours. I had to change my PC 4 times. At intervals of 15-20 mins, my computer got disconnected from the network saying 'Session Expired.' The main problem was copying and pasting the code. Right click was prohibited and whenever I used the keyboard to paste my code, my PC got locked. I too got the first two sub-tasks totally correct of the first question correct and 0 for the second one, although I had solved it correctly.

I would request everyone who has experienced these kind of problems to mail IARCS.

link

answered 20 Nov '16, 19:35

prajneya's gravatar image

2★prajneya

edited 20 Nov '16, 19:44

There were problems in ZIO also.

The computers closed at any random point. (closed about 4 times for me)
The keyboard was not working so I had to use the mouse to type the answers and also for using the calculator. It was then very difficult to use calculator as I had to click like 5 times to enter a number because the mouse also was not very good.
But after looking at the problems faced by the ZCO people, I should say that ZIO was Ok.

link

answered 20 Nov '16, 19:38

mathecodician's gravatar image

6★mathecodician
2.6k11034
accept rate: 7%

Can someone give the problems?

link

answered 20 Nov '16, 19:42

6★mathecodician
2.6k11034

I remember one i will try posting it soon. Btw how was your ZIO @mathecodician?

(20 Nov '16, 19:44) coder_voder2★

I knew to solve every problem but just too many careless mistakes. I dunno I think I will get like 55. Hope I qualify as I'm in class 8.

(20 Nov '16, 19:46) mathecodician6★

I gave the ZCO from Pune and it was a horrible experience. Had to change my pc 8 times.However I had a word with Madhavan Sir, he said we need to mail the problems we faced so that the can find a solution

link

answered 20 Nov '16, 19:58

shaunak27's gravatar image

1★shaunak27

I participated in ZCO chandigarh... The 2nd problem was quite challenging... My computer crashed once ... It was very difficult.. And new format of 3 subtasks was insane.. Let's hope for the best... Anyone who was able to solve 2 problem please let me know how to solve that. And I don't know why my 6 cases were not correct in subtask 3 of problem 1 please help...

Regards Suksham Kapuria

link

answered 20 Nov '16, 20:04

suksham's gravatar image

2★suksham

- I had to change my PC 13 times... However Problems were too easy..

• First Subtask: Full/Full
  • In Second :FULL/FULL
  • In third : 21/30 therefore 20 marks gone from here
  • In fourth :Full/FUll
  • In fifth : 23/32 therefore 50 marks gone from here
  • In Sixth :Too much time was taken in compilation and hence in submission but still I Feel It will be a timeout. therefore 40 marks gone fromhere...

Someone with better time complexity please tell the solutions

link

answered 20 Nov '16, 20:17

varunchhangani's gravatar image

1★varunchhangani

In last one hour I wasn't able to open Dev C++ even very bad thing

(20 Nov '16, 20:19) varunchhangani1★

Guys, The devcpp was not giving output and automatically closing due to which i had added an extra cin which did nothing just to see the input.

link

answered 20 Nov '16, 20:21

theweblover007's gravatar image

2★theweblover007

I gave the ZCO in pune. And yes even I had to change my computer for at least 10 times.I solved the second question but wasn't able to implement 1st question properly due to these server problems. I have mailed iarcs about the problems faced, hope everyone does the same.

link

answered 20 Nov '16, 20:22

rohitkv77's gravatar image

4★rohitkv77

Apparently, we all got selected, like last year.

Can anyone post their solutions for reference?

link

answered 20 Nov '16, 20:52

inarito's gravatar image

4★inarito

Totally awful and horrible. I changed 13 PCs because of crashing of dev cpp and session expired error. Even server responded only for first problem TWICE during whole 3 hour contest and then dev cpp started giving errors like permission denied while testing locally on top of that server started giving errors like XYZ is not valid command or batch file. When I clicked on debug mode to use gdb dev cpp crashed EVERYTIME

link

answered 20 Nov '16, 21:25

warhawk_123's gravatar image

0★warhawk_123

edited 20 Nov '16, 21:27

The experience I had was really unexpected. I used java for the exam. My centre was Cochin. As you all know there is no IDE for java and you can't test your code against your own inputs. So the debugging was really hard. In fact, this was not the big deal!

Hardware Issues:

Most of the students in my centre had to switch between computers twice and many had to switch multiple times. Some keys in the keyboard didn't work. When I asked them about this, they tried connecting another keyboard, but the tcs ion platform automatically shut down saying that it detected another hardware. So I had to tolerate my keyboard. These things significantly reduced the time I got to program.

Problems in problems:

I don't whether this happened only to those who use java. The example input and output given to the problems were different than the specified input. I mean, in the second question,

It says that the input will consist of only one line with 4 + 2*(w+b) space seperated integers. But the example input were like

n m w b

then w lines saying the position of w

then b lines saying the position of b

I spend a lot of time on this. At last I had to use Scanner with nextInt() method to read input as I didn't knew how the input were given. I tried in both ways using BufferedReader and StringTokenizer. But it didn't work and raised NoSuchElement exception. As you all know nextInt() method will increase running time.

Experience

Overall a very bad experience. I didn't get any time to properly solve first problem. I request all of my friends who had similar experience to send email to ICO co-ordinator and IARCS. Request them to reschedule ZCO again or to let everyone who ZCO participate in INOI.

I got an email stating Thanks for reporting the problems at Cochin. There were also other problems at other centres. We will directly allow all ZCO candidates present on Sunday to write INOI in January. A formal notification will be sent out as soon as we receive the attendance lists from TCS.

link

answered 20 Nov '16, 22:12

nimmumanoj's gravatar image

3★nimmumanoj

edited 21 Nov '16, 18:28

I had to change my working computer 4 times. I submitted my code for the third subtask of the second problem and then the system crashed. I got a blue screen of death. After changing my system, I wrote my solution for the first problem, and just when I submitted, I was locked out and my session 'expired'. Had to change my PC again. Also, the code I wrote didn't get submitted and there was not much time left to rewrite the whole thing. The PC changing process also ate away at my time. I was just standing idly for at least half an hour. I don't understand how TCS ION hasn't been fixed yet after so many years of such situations.

link

answered 20 Nov '16, 22:19

kinshukkashyap's gravatar image

3★kinshukkashyap

edited 20 Nov '16, 22:25

ZCO Delhi was a very bad experience. Firstly the keyboard didn't work and I don't even remember how many times devc++ crashed and i restarted the system. Even the people there gave up as the they were not able to fix it. If they fix something another bug arises like problem in compilation, server paused,etc. I don't know what they will do and why don't they upgrade. What's the point of having ZCO like this?

link

answered 20 Nov '16, 22:34

vatsalsharma_3's gravatar image

4★vatsalsharma_3
accept rate: 11%

Well guys do you know whom to mail our problems to and how will we be notified if we are selected? And btw it was a HORRIBLE experience for me too. I gave my exam at kolkata.

link

answered 20 Nov '16, 22:39

asmit_nayak's gravatar image

2★asmit_nayak

I've had a bad experience at Kolkata as well.
Aside from all the problems others have mentioned, whenever I clicked the 'Submit Code' button, I got the following error message:
"An error occurred while executing the code 'iONOAP' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or batch file" which makes me wonder if my submissions have gone through properly.

link

answered 20 Nov '16, 23:51

ishands's gravatar image

1★ishands

I gave the ZCO in Java language. The code did compile but when I clicked on "Submit code" button, the platform isn't just ready to accept my submission. What do you all think? Shall we all be selected for the INOI exam.

link

answered 20 Nov '16, 23:59

subha26's gravatar image

2★subha26

This was the first time that I was giving any ZCO, And let me explain-

I would like to inform you that the experience of giving my first ZCO exam was pretty much horrible! Randomly I was disconnected after every 15 to 20 minutes.

Now and then my session used to expire! We need to change our computers every-time whenever something happened, thus we had to leave our code in debugger! Oh, Debugger, what can I say about Dev-C++, All participants were not even able to give the Input and see the output as the output window was showing itself for micro seconds and closing automatically!

I don`t know about what happened in other cities, but in lucknow, this was the condition of each and every participants. After all this how we are supposed to solve any prolem ? Even participants are talking about it on various forums!

link

answered 21 Nov '16, 08:44

parth2000's gravatar image

1★parth2000

Yup, I got it too. That`s awesome as I was only able to solve 2 subtasks of first and 2 subtasks of second problem.

link

answered 21 Nov '16, 09:17

parth2000's gravatar image

1★parth2000

And yes we are all selected for INOI and if given a chance I would surely like to kick the butts of the technical stuff , looks like they didnt cared for us , I suggested a solution to that console problem that to use the normal command line to execute the program so that we can test it properly but who cares , they dont even seem to listen me and yes why DevCpp? Any linux distro with text editor can do a better job than it , I also sat from Kolkata but luckily my computer neither hanged nor got expired , hush but around me there was storm going on of shifting pcs , ehhh.

link

answered 21 Nov '16, 10:02

mz54's gravatar image

2★mz54
accept rate: 30%

Congrats to all who are gave ZCO, you are probably directly selected for INOI. This might be good for ZCO people but is unfair for ZIO people(me being as one of them).

link

answered 21 Nov '16, 12:04

6★mathecodician
2.6k11034

Why do you say unfair?

(21 Nov '16, 12:06) coder_voder2★

What about those who didn't qualify for INOI? If they would have given ZCO they could have been selected without any effort. I suggest a retest

(21 Nov '16, 12:11) mathecodician6★

A collective forum is created on Quora here: link text

https://www.quora.com/How-was-ZCO-2017

Please answers to this question as it will be looked into by IARCS and Prof. Madahavan Mukund personally.

Upvote/Thumbs Up this post to bring it on the front page!

link

answered 21 Nov '16, 12:16

debmaj2's gravatar image

0★debmaj2

edited 21 Nov '16, 20:51

I gave ZCO at the Lucknow center and I've got one word for the whole experience, TERRIBLE!

You should know this before you go ahead: I live in bareilly and had to travel 250km to attend ZCO at Lucknow center, which is the nearest.

Now let me point out the things(in order they happened):

1. Reporting time was 1PM and every kid reached their at that time. However no one was even allowed to get inside the campus until it was 1:50PM. Everyone had to stand outside in scorching weather.
  2. When we got inside at 1:50PM, we hope the exam would finally start but it didn't! There were issued with every system and the connectivity was poor (I'm assuming this because they were on phone saying that the internet isn't working and other similar phrases).
  3. The first PC that I was alloted had a malfunctioning Keyboard and the "#" key won't work, including many others. So they replaced the keyboard but here's the thing, my 10 min practice session's time wasn't paused. When around 2 min were left in practice session, I realized that the debugger isn't working the way it should. It won't even compile and run the program. That black window won't even appear.
  4. They now replaced my system and boom, my practice session was over and the 180min time already started. 10 more minutes went by and I finally had a system with partly working keyboard and okayish debugger. But wait, it doesn't end here.
  5. Countless number of times, the session expired. Other half of the times the debugger won't even stop for the user input. (I even tried a basic input output program to confirm this issue). And do remember my time was flowing.

In all, I would say this was very unfair! Moreover when there was the review page, where we would give ratings, the instructor himself clicked on next, thus not even allowing me give genuine ratings.

This was a very unfair and poorly organized exam. I don't understand how am I even supposed to work on the problems when the system isn't okay.

I request you to write a mail to IARCS and let them know that you had issues with the system on the test day!

link

answered 21 Nov '16, 13:29

getch_star's gravatar image

0★getch_star

The systems were somewhat unexpectedly horrible. Does anyone have a linear solution to the problems, my solution had polynomial complexity?

link

answered 21 Nov '16, 16:45

teracoder's gravatar image

2★teracoder
accept rate: 9%

edited 21 Nov '16, 16:46

I guess the first one was to be done in n^2. I did not give ZCO although so I am not sure. Maybe n^2 log n solution would also work.

(21 Nov '16, 17:00) mathecodician6★

The SUMFOUR problem seems to be a bit different as the four integers have to be from the 4 different sets. So the first one, was much easier. Thanks @mathecodician

(22 Nov '16, 18:48) teracoder2★

But still there is little bit similarity.

(22 Nov '16, 19:12) mathecodician6★

The first question in the ZCO is almost the same as SUMFOUR on Spoj. And if anyone came to the INOI workshop, this question is also very much similar to Quadra.

link

answered 21 Nov '16, 17:02

6★mathecodician
2.6k11034

I gave ZCO 2017 in Java,in Kolkata. The experience was nightmarish!

1) Firstly, the system was horrible. The compiler took about 45 SECONDS to compile and it took more than DOUBLE that time to submit the code. This was really unacceptable as it usually takes a fraction of a second to compile our code and run it in any platform. So, so much time to only know whether the code has any errors with no arrangement whatsoever to debug it (for Java users).

2) Moreover we were not allowed to copy-paste our code. This meant re-typing the same code twice for each problem. GREAT GOING! Also, as coders, we know that often our code contains lengthy parts which need to be typed more than once. So, we had to re-type the things again and again meaninglessly. So much for fast and "competitive" programming!

3)Now, lastly and MOST IMPORTANTLY. The damn system didn't work! Even after successful compilation, all of us got the same error message : "This is not an internally or externally recognized error. 'Java.is' " I mean what does that even mean?? Everything we tried, all changes we made (damn the slow submition system too), it would always show the same thing. It made us helpless. The invigilators were completely ignorant. Already it was tough since we did not have the luxury of a debugger and had been pampered by codechef's brilliant and easy-to-use system. But we had been told about this before-hand. We were ready to face this. However, the system failure made us completely helpless!

Such was not expected by a machinery provided by the IARCS.

I had entered the hall with a lot of belief and expectations. The problems were quite easy as compared to some of the past year problems. Even faced the fact that it was cold, I was nervous, and the invigilators were not allowing us to visit the washroom (till the last 30 minutes). Found the solutions, somehow typed in 5 out of 6 subtasks and returned home dejected and almost in tears. I hope I get to give the INOI.

link

answered 21 Nov '16, 20:08

akashbhalotia's gravatar image

5★akashbhalotia

edited 21 Nov '16, 22:20

Extracted from my Quora Answer at https://www.quora.com/How-was-ZCO-2017

Given From Techno India Salt Lake (TISL) Kolkata in Java.

The Problems were quite easy to approach this time.

The first problem involved of finding a Quad; given an array S and a number T, find the number of solutions for S[ i ]+S[j]+S[k]+S[l]=T, where i<j<k<l. N<=5000.

The second problem was a graph algorithm one where in a 2D plane (NxM), there are lasers and boxes. Every laser travels horizontally and when it encounters a black box, or two white boxes it stops. You are given the location of these boxes and the rest are initial locations of lasers. Lasers travels towards right and even if it encounters a black box after a white box it stops. Find the sum of all the distances traveled by the lasers. n,m<=10^6 and b,w<=10^5.

(Detailed problems and discussions may be available soon on IARCS website or CodeChef)

Now coming to the TCS iON platform and examination environment, this was highly unexpected of such organized institutions such as IARCS, Techno India Group & most primarily TCS iON.

Let’s begin with the problems (faced by the students of Kolkata Centre step-by-step)

1.> You are asked to type in your username and password on the system…and a normal instinct is that you LOG IN! But when most of us tried to Log In (and got welcomed by a “You have to wait from XX:YY minutes before the exam starts”), the invigilators sniffed at the screens and insulted some of the students as to why did we take such a “deadly” step. They were warning us of the “consequences” and repeatedly told us that we are under CCTV coverage. Fools! Even you guys and your actions are in the CCTV footage.

2.> When I can someone “fool”, I essentially mean it! These invigilators were quite happy to confine themselves to the instructions. When I asked them as why my Java code is not being submitted, they told me that the system is perfect and I may have done “something wrong” with the System files. Come on! I’m not there to hack into the System Files but to code in the Olympiad. The Java systems were not configured properly with the compilers.

3.>I had to change about 3 machines until I highlighted that the same problem in every machine. So their solution was, “Machine is Offline! Please change to another Machine!” Like Offline? My account was still logged in and the timer was still ticking down.

EDIT: <the error="" message="" was="" "an="" error="" occurred="" while="" executing="" the="" code="" 'ionoap'="" is="" not="" recognized="" as="" an="" internal="" or="" external="" command,="" operable="" program,="" or="" batch="" file".="">

<thanks for="" reminding="" ishan="" das="" sharma!="">

4.>The Java Debugger as expected was inaccurate in generating error log. It cannot determine Big Integers or even double array data-types and the compiler repeatedly “recommended” me to change to int datatype. In fact the problem statement itself mentions of using double data-types. The Dev C++ debugger was also inefficient in compiling for my fellow coders in my center.

EDIT: <the error="" message="" was="" required:="" int;="" found:="" long="" probable="" loss="" of="" precision="">

<thanks for="" making="" it="" sound="" straight="" balpreet="" singh!="">

5.>For no reason, the machines themselves logged out with a “session expired” message. I had to login 4 times to get back to my console. Again the invigilators said that I had done “something”. They were at perpetual loss of thoughts, and finally recommended “Machine is Offline! Please change to another Machine!”

This was the worst online examination that I’ve ever given!

I still do not realize why IARCS does not shift the contest platform to CodeChef , Sphere Online Judge (SPOJ) or HackerEarth. These are quite efficient and economical platforms with CodeChef backing up support for ICO.

“I’m offline! Please change to another platform!” :P

http://www.facebook.com/debmaj2

Quora blog: http://debmaj2.quora.com/

link

answered 21 Nov '16, 22:01

debmaj2's gravatar image

0★debmaj2

edited 21 Nov '16, 22:04

I gave ZCO in Kolkata. The second problem solved in roughly 20-30 minutes. Though it wasn't because of the terrible application of TCS. Dev-CPP terminal was getting closed within 5 seconds. I changed my system 3 times. My code was a little bit wrong. What I did was that I hard coded my test case into my program in DevCPP. Finally, I was able to solve problem number 2 and it was accepted correctly. Due to these terrible situations, I couldn't get time to do the first problem.

link

answered 22 Nov '16, 00:26

megaverse's gravatar image

2★megaverse

Btw, how did you solve the 2nd problem was your solution quick enough for the 3rd subtask?

(22 Nov '16, 15:27) reikjavic3★

Dear Student,

You attended ZCO-2017 on Sunday, 20 November, 2016. Several ZCO centres experienced technical difficulties with the TCS iON platform, as a result of which a large number of students did not get a fair chance to attempt the exam. Hence, we have decided to allow all students who were present for ZCO on 20 November to directly write the second round exam, INOI.

INOI-2017 is scheduled for Sunday, 8 January, 2017. We are in the process of reviewing the technical arrangements for INOI. We will send out details about the final platform in a few days.

-- Dr Madhavan Mukund National Coordinator, Indian Computing Olympiad Professor, Chennai Mathematical Institute, Chennai, India

URL : http://www.cmi.ac.in/~madhavan Office : +91 44 6748 0923 Email: ico@iarcs.org.in Mobile : +91 9444 992 990

link

answered 22 Nov '16, 19:14

itsjustshubh's gravatar image

2★itsjustshubh

I think IARCS should seriously look into making sure that INOI does not face the same problems.If it is possible, please request the IARCS committee to either change their system or host it on some online judge like Codechef. Codechef even hosted the ICPC regionals so it should be fine to host INOI on it.

link

answered 29 Nov '16, 12:39

rajarshi_basu's gravatar image

6★rajarshi_basu

Last year, ZCO was a huge mess, but INOI was much better. The Kolkata center was pretty much bug-free. They gave us extremely slow machines but it was manageable for INOI purposes.

Let's hope you guys get similar arrangements for INOI.

(29 Nov '16, 12:56) animesh_f ♦6★

I think they should do it on codechef only as we are all familiar with the platform.

(29 Nov '16, 14:54) mathecodician6★

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported
  • mathemetical formulas in Latex between $ symbol

Question tags:

×427

question asked: 20 Nov '16, 19:15

question was seen: 4,740 times

last updated: 14 Dec '16, 20:56