Vote for Best Codechef Problems of 2016

I thought that since Codechef is such awesome community, we can all vote here for the most interesting problems of 2016.

This list can be really useful for anyone who wants to improve his skill, or just have fun solving great challenges we had in 2016 and there were many of them!

RULES

1. Each person can vote for at most 3 problems which appeared in any Cook-Off, Lunchtime or Long Contest in 2016.

2. In order to vote, write your answer listing problems you vote for, and explain why there are interesting for you if you want.

3. After that, update total score of problems you are voting for in the below list, so if a problem is not on the list yet, then just add it with score 1, otherwise increment its score by 1. The topic is marked as “community wiki” so anyone should be able to edit it. However, If you are not able to edit the main post, just write a comment below and I’ll try to do it for you.

4. Whenever you link to a problem, paste the link to its contest version, not practice.

BEST PROBLEMS OF 2016

ASTRD : 2
KIRLAB : 2
BASE : 2
AMAEXPER : 1
BGQRS : 1
BOUNCE : 1
CHEFPOL : 1
CHNBGMT : 1
FLYMODE : 1
FRIEMEET : 1
KIRMEME : 1
LCPMAX : 1
LTM40EF : 1
MGCHGEOM : 1
POLYEVAL : 1
QUEHEA : 1
RESTPERM : 1
SEASTONE : 1
SHAIKHGN : 1
TULIPS : 1

18 Likes

My votes go to:

KIRMEME because I solved in with a crazy-messy code the night just before the end of the contest.

RESTPERM and LTM40EF, because I like the creativity of these two and was happy to write editorials for such great challenges.

3 Likes

My vote goes to -

1. FLYMODE Reason - Easy problem but tough to think for a solution.
  2. BASE Reason - Nice maths problem. Best part is to think for the ± 1 case.
  3. KIRLAB Reason - Very nice problem using seive approach and Dynamic Programming
4 Likes

I will vote [seraja and seastone][1].

It was solved by just 80 people in Oct long challenge which is a very big thing for me. I just read the statement and went to sleep. In the middle of night I just woke up with the solution. I was suprised to see my solution got accepted so easily. It was an amazing experience for me as I hardly thought about its solution for more than a minute.
[1]: CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

4 Likes
  1. ASTRD : interesting 3D geometry problem with a simple but nice insight
  2. QUEHEA : seemed difficult at the first sight but got simpler after analyzing behavior of graph
  3. LCPMAX : nice variation of string hashing
5 Likes
  1. AMAEXPER : Nice tree problem
  2. SHAIKHGN : Taught me optimization
2 Likes

1.BGQRS : Taught me how segment tree works but I still struggle with this

2 Likes

I will uptove ASTRD. And further throw in MGCHGEOM because I learned way too much while working on this and spent pretty much the entirety of 3 days on it. TULIPS was another one that took a long time but again taught me a lot.

3 Likes

Thumbs Up if you want more of such initiatives.

I would Love to see Best Problems to solve to clear your concept of a specific topic

1 Like
  1. [POLYEVAL][1]
  2. [FRIEMEET][2]
  3. [KIRLAB][3]

PS: Unable to edit!
[1]: CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone
[2]: CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone
[3]: CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

2 Likes

I voted for the following 3 problems (for the following reasons):

• CHNBGMT: I learnt a new lemma which was needed in order to solve this problem 100%.
  • CHEFPOL: It seemed hard when I first looked at it, but the code ended up being so short and easy to write.
  • BOUNCE: Hard number theory problem; even after having the right idea, I had to do lots of algorithmic and low-level optimizations to make my solution run in time (sadly there’s no editorial for it, yet).

PS: I already edited the question to assign votes to these problems.

2 Likes

Help me with Karma, I can’t ask questions… Pretty please with a cherry on top :wink:

1 Like

@pkacprzak Thanks for making such discussion! I really learned new approach and strategy from these up voted problems.

Great! Can you add them to the list as I suggested in the rules? That way we can keep it up to date.

1 Like

can you add it to the problem list above by editing it?

can you add them to the problem list above by editing it?

1 Like

I am not getting the option to do that

Can’t figure out how to edit this ? Can you help me

+1 for ASTRD :slight_smile:

I am unable to locate the option to edit the post. A little help? :slight_smile: