Vote for Best Codechef Problems of 2016

I will vote [seraja and seastone][1].

It was solved by just 80 people in Oct long challenge which is a very big thing for me. I just read the statement and went to sleep. In the middle of night I just woke up with the solution. I was suprised to see my solution got accepted so easily. It was an amazing experience for me as I hardly thought about its solution for more than a minute.
[1]: CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

4 Likes
  1. ASTRD : interesting 3D geometry problem with a simple but nice insight
  2. QUEHEA : seemed difficult at the first sight but got simpler after analyzing behavior of graph
  3. LCPMAX : nice variation of string hashing
5 Likes
  1. AMAEXPER : Nice tree problem
  2. SHAIKHGN : Taught me optimization
2 Likes

1.BGQRS : Taught me how segment tree works but I still struggle with this

2 Likes

I will uptove ASTRD. And further throw in MGCHGEOM because I learned way too much while working on this and spent pretty much the entirety of 3 days on it. TULIPS was another one that took a long time but again taught me a lot.

3 Likes

Thumbs Up if you want more of such initiatives.

I would Love to see Best Problems to solve to clear your concept of a specific topic

1 Like
  1. [POLYEVAL][1]
  2. [FRIEMEET][2]
  3. [KIRLAB][3]

PS: Unable to edit!
[1]: CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone
[2]: CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone
[3]: CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

2 Likes

I voted for the following 3 problems (for the following reasons):

• CHNBGMT: I learnt a new lemma which was needed in order to solve this problem 100%.
  • CHEFPOL: It seemed hard when I first looked at it, but the code ended up being so short and easy to write.
  • BOUNCE: Hard number theory problem; even after having the right idea, I had to do lots of algorithmic and low-level optimizations to make my solution run in time (sadly there’s no editorial for it, yet).

PS: I already edited the question to assign votes to these problems.

2 Likes

Help me with Karma, I can’t ask questions… Pretty please with a cherry on top :wink:

1 Like

@pkacprzak Thanks for making such discussion! I really learned new approach and strategy from these up voted problems.

Great! Can you add them to the list as I suggested in the rules? That way we can keep it up to date.

1 Like

can you add it to the problem list above by editing it?

can you add them to the problem list above by editing it?

1 Like

I am not getting the option to do that

Can’t figure out how to edit this ? Can you help me

+1 for ASTRD :slight_smile:

I am unable to locate the option to edit the post. A little help? :slight_smile:

@pkacprzak, as far as I remember only the author or someone with more than 1.5/2k karma points only can edit the wiki post and for others, even the “Edit” button is not available

1 Like

@likecs and others, so maybe its better if I remove community wiki tag and keep the list updated by myself?

@pkacprzak, maybe removing the wiki tag may be of no use. By the way, I may also help in maintaining this list as I can see the “Edit” button :slight_smile: