I'm not good in math . Can I become a good coder? if yes how?

I’m not good in math . Can I become a good coder? if yes how?

3 Likes

There is not much detailed mathematical analysis but you need some basic maths & that’s quite obvious.
You can definitely become a good coder.It is your hard work & persistence that matters.
You can see this video . It’s quite motivational & I think will help you

1 Like

Sorry But you can go to the higher competitive programming.For competitive programming you need good maths you should know complex number, trigonometry , co-ordinates , etc…
I can give you a link to study math then you will love math
And here it is Click here

1 Like

A simple answer is no.To be a better programmer you should have good knowledge of Discrete mathematics especially combinatorics other topics such as coordinate,geometry etc are helpful too.

I rally think that you should go through the profile of Anudeep Nekkanti !

1 Like

Watch this video! It will change your whole mindset related to coding!

Do give a try over the track of ProjectEuler+ on HackerRank where it has over 170 problems which involves coding involving mathematics.

It will surely improve your mathematical thinking and increase your grip on Number Theory.

1 Like

Well, “not good at math” is incredibly vague. You should definitely study math from online resources like KhanAcademy.

I am also not much familiar with maths concepts, But I found this on ArtOfProblemSolving website, They have lectures related to competitive maths like for mathematics olympiad this will surely help in competitive programming.

Yes, Khan Academy is the best.

Yes! So true!! I agree, hackerrank’s Project Euler is nice for maths. Also, the contests like “Ad Infinitum” (which are purely mathematical based) will be beneficial. Also, generally they don’t ask the “deeeep mathematics”. The basics and formulas are what must be clear in your mind.

1 Like

this is unavailable !!

1 Like

So you got to 5* rating without maths?? Impressive

2 Likes