Account Suspension Query

Hey guys! I want to know what are the things which lead to account suspension (so we can avoid them).

Especially those things in which action is taken immediately.

Eg- There was a user arpit or something, and I saw his account got suspended somewhere yesterday or around that. (I don’t know why, though I have some guesses), while many spammers accounts are still not suspended.

So I am more importantly interested to know that which things are “ABSOLUTELY MUST NOT DO” (meaning serious actions are taken immediately) and in which things the admins are kind of lenient/give changes/take time to confirm.

[Regarding searching on forums - I searched the forums and saw the last Q on it was somewhere ~2013. I don’t know if policies/rules of suspension are constant since then or have changed in between. So please, I would appreciate an answer. :)]

2 Likes

The main reason behind account suspension is Karma farming.

Some reasons:-

1.If you are continuously accepting all the answers even if they are not real answers, just to increase your karma, it’s against the rules of this community.

2.If you continuously upvote your friend’s answers just to send him to the top contributors list.

3.If you are posting advertising links and getting reported.

4.Having multiple accounts.(If you have multiple accounts, immediately inform codechef and ask them to delete other accounts.)

You can also check my question (link), there are some beautiful answers too.

4 Likes

Arpit Kathuria was banned because he was creating fake accounts and was upvoting his own answers see following

I need karma Points to ask a question please do Upvote !!

1 Like

sohebufo,soheb123,soheb17 are my other accounts on same email id which i want to be deleted please i dont want to be banned

sohebufo,soheb123,soheb17 are my other accounts on same email id which i want to be deleted please i dont want to be banned

soheb_ufo,soheb123,soheb_17 are my other accounts on same email id which i want to be deleted please i dont want to be banned

@soheb_ufo e-mail code chef about it, don’t spam here.

In every rated contest hosted on CodeChef, if caught in plagiarism, CodeChef asks for an explanation. Being caught for 3 times and failing to give a valid explanation can also lead to deactivation of the account.

1 Like

Thanks bro!!

I suspected that…

email this to them at feedback@codechef.com or any other relevant email address. And please delete your multi-answers if possible, @admin takes strict action if he finds anyone spamming. :slight_smile: