Snackdown 2017 - team composition

Wanted to know whether this time as well we would need to have a partner from same organization? If we indeed want team members from same org, why can’t we allow people who have been part of same org in past to be team mates. More specifically, I want to form a team with one of my ACM-ICPC team mate, but won’t be able to as they are part of different org now.

3 Likes

Allowing someone who have been the part of same org in past to be team- mates is equivalent to allowing people from different organizations to be in the same team because it is just about the compatibility of team members but yes even according to me people from different organizations should be allowed in Snackdown 2k17.

I think they don’t allow people from different organizations to be in the same team because ACM-ICPC doesn’t allow it and Snackdown is like, preparation for ACM-ICPC.

1 Like

bump Would like to request organizers to share they thoughts. The thing is that now is the right time to start training with ones team mate.

1 Like

Why is the size of team 2 and not 3 in Snackdown ?

2 Likes

@ all, thank you for your feedback and the concerns raised. We shall take all the aspects into consideration before finalizing the criteria for SnackDown2017.

2 Likes

Humble request to the admin, please increase the team size to 3 .

1 Like

As requested by others, do raise the number of participants per team to 3. Its a very difficult task to separate one’s ICPC team, and one person is always left out which is unfair in my opinion.

1 Like

Hello, I am happy to announce that its official : You can form team with anybody with no restriction !
Go through this for details:

2 Likes

In fact people from different organizations should also be allowed.

1 Like

Well if preparation for ACM-ICPC is the goal, then the number of members should be 3 and not 2.

2 Likes

Well, I suggested past organizations in case the organizers want some sort of competition between different organizations.