February Lunchtime 2017

Feedback? Interesting!

1 quick Q tho, in case someone finds discrepancy/doubt in a Q, will he now have to ask it here(cause its also ‘feedback’ in a way) or in the comments of the problem?

Lunchtime is basically meant for school students but as codechef allows everyone to participate in this competition, how are school students gonna win exiting prizes through this?

I am too a beginner in programming, could solve one or two problems among the four, when will I be enable to win prizes through Lunchtime or even Cookoff?

1 Like

So which problems did you like the most? Which the least?

3 Likes

please post the editorial of BRIBETR…Thank you.

Which one of the problem was the new and beautiful one? OVERPNT?

can anyone write more detailed editorial for Bear and bribing tree problem from the February lunch time. I had looked at it’s editorial and I found it very difficult to understand. Can anyone explain it with the proper DP approach including overlapping sub problems and brute force solution, how that problem fits in that problem, everything in very detailed way so that it could be even understood by beginners. The problem with the official editorial is that it directly talks about the dp solution and I am still not able to realize how it is a DP problem.

2 Likes

Feedback

The problems were really delicious(as expected by codechef and good for an intermediate beginner like me.
There is lot to learn from this contest, especially the problem with application of binary search. I am having fun by upsolving the problems. After contest I have seen Gennady’s solution, he writes very clean and elegant code.

Editorial links need to be added to the practice problem pages.

@vijju123: If the discrepancy/doubt in a question is during the live contest, you should ask that to the moderators by writing comments on the problem.

However, you can discuss that up after the end of contest here also.

3 Likes

Questions related to the statement (e.g. understanding of some definition or not clear example test) should be posted in comments under a problem. The forum should be used before and after the contest, generally.

3 Likes

Thanks for the clarification, both of you :slight_smile:

Only school students are eligible for prizes so it doesn’t matter that everybody is allowed to participate. It’s up to you how much you learn and train. For sure participating in contests is one of things that will make you stronger and thus closer to winning prizes eventually.

3 Likes

@errichto :diamonds::diamonds: I agree to the fact that participating in contests is way much more important than just to think about winning prizes :stuck_out_tongue:

Bear and bribing Tree :slight_smile:
can we get the editorial for the problem.

The editorial was uploaded 15 minutes ago - BRIBETR - Editorial - editorial - CodeChef Discuss

The editorial was uploaded 15 minutes ago - BRIBETR - Editorial - editorial - CodeChef Discuss

Bear and House Queries

Such a nice problem on Binary search and observation :slight_smile:

The problem I liked the most was QHOUSE and the least was OVERPNT. I don’t think OVERPNT was a bad problem. Infact it was a good one but it was surely not meant for me.

can anyone write more detailed editorial for Bear and bribing tree problem from the February lunch time. I had looked at it’s editorial and I found it very difficult to understand. Can anyone explain it with the proper DP approach including overlapping sub problems and brute force solution, how that problem fits in that problem, everything in very detailed way so that it could be even understood by beginners. The problem with the official editorial is that it directly talks about the dp solution and I am still not able to realize how it is a DP problem.

yes, OVERPNT was that one.