DataBread : TOOL TO TRACK YOUR ALGORITHMIC RATINGS

Hey dear! It just occurred to me (trivial Q but its important nonetheless)-

How are you guys making sure that one is entering correct usernames? One may potentially abuse/exploit databread by entering wrong usernames.

Eg- Person X may enter username of some other person Y, who is a top coder/has high ratings on hackerrank/SPOJ etc to inflate his ratings or show himself a more desirable candidate by this ill-trick.

Since your motive was also directed towards organisations hiring individuals, how are you making sure that the information entered by the person is authentic?

(You don’t have to tell how actually, just reply with Yes or No to imply that the issue has been already addressed to. :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

Hey @tushkitripathi,

nice job man, but you are not verifying user’s handles of other website, so if User A want to use User B’s codechef handle, he can use without any restriction. It is a big problem because it is directly impacting your leaderboard.

2 Likes

Can u also add topcoder?

1 Like

A small suggestion as you are showing the list of registered users to everyone irrespective of the person knowing the other person or not.So you can add a provision that a person has to add as a friend to see him/her in the leader-board rather than seeing him anonymously.

1 Like

wow,great if any promotion related help u can contact me…

1 Like

Few changes to the UI, added contact form in the navigation bar.

Find out here

Like our FaceBook Page for updates.

Hope you guys like it :slight_smile:

alt text

1 Like

Not that it’s important but you might want to check if the entered usernames are actually legit?
Great job otherwise!

1 Like

I wanted to get involved with your team, any help, Please respond.

And yes, congrats on the immense success, wishing you Luck :smiley:

1 Like

@mathecodician I guess such posts are not allowed!!
i.e advertising or something, maybe that’s why he’s been suspended.

2 Likes

Hey There guys,

@naksh9619 already suggested (thanks BTW).

Needed some suggestion. I am thinking of adding a new feature, a favourite (or friend) list.

I needed your views on whether that should be made public or not, i.e. should that favourite list be visible to everyone or just to that particular user.

Please leave your valuable comments below.

Thank You and

Happy Coding

1 Like

@mathecodician thank you.

@vijju123 Thank you so much for the appreciation. :smiley:

As far as the motive is concerned, it was just to make sure that all of your progress in competitive programming is available at a single place. This can prove to be really helpful for organisations which shortlist candidates on the basis of competitive programming and save them from the headache of peeping into each of their profile individually.

Also you can filter the leaderboard according to your institution and rank yourself among your friends. Its always fun competing with friends.

If you like it why not give it a try? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I see. Then you have done a good job. You people included almost all major sites. The only thing I might say is that keep a track of such websites and keep on adding new ones/removing obsolete old ones. Staying updated with the trend is what will immensely help you. I wish you lots of success :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Actually you can filter the Leaderboard by your institution name. That might help in finding your friends.

Thank You :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank You. :slight_smile:

It would be better if you share databread with your friends instead of adding them. This would help to maintain integrity of our database otherwise there could be duplicate users also.

This is our facebook page. You can share it with your friends.

And yes thanks for your suggestion :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you. :smiley:

Thanks, why don’t you register yourself and be a part of it? :smiley:

Yes. Already have a way to cope up with this.
Thank you.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for reply! Its good that you guys are prepared :slight_smile: