Bug Found on codeChef site?! Even after solving problem, problem is not automatically removed from To-do list!

i added a lot of unsolved problems on to-do list for solving them in future but after solving some of those to-do list problem, it is not removed from to-do list
but before codechef website update it was working fine, after solving problem if it is present in to-do list it gets removed from to-do list

2 Likes

It’s working fine in my case. Check your browser again. There is no bug. You can also externally remove the problems by clicking the cross button in the TODO list.

@hemant_dhanuka
It is not a bug…it may happen sometimes due to server problem

@hemant_dhanuka There is no bug,please do refresh.

1 Like

The best thing you can do to fix it is to send a screenshot to codechef at bugs@codechef.com (please crosscheck spelling from “contact us” ). Also, don’t forget to include the name of browser you’re using, if you cleared cache history or not, and any other relevant information. That would help them resolve the issue at the earliest. I hope it gets resolved soon, seeing so many problems in TO-DO list sometimes makes it messy XD.

2 Likes

@admin just elaborating on this problem,in my case it arises only when you mark the todo on the contest page and complete the question in the practice section.If you mark todo in the practice section and solve it there, the problem gets removed in my case. That maybe because same problem is treated as two different problem in practice and in contest , as an example of this fact if you click on my submissions for some problem that was solved in contest and currently you are on the practice section page of the problem then it doesn’t show any submissions for it.
Also earlier when profile used to show problems solved, If I remember correctly solving a question both in practice section and Contest section used to be counted as two correct problems.

2 Likes

Now i am 100% sure… After solving problems, its not getting automatically removed from TODO list… 2 days earlier i added a problem “DESTROY” in todo list, today i solved that problem and submitted AC answer to codechef… i got notification in form of toast message “problem is removed from TODO List”. After that when i checked TODO list “DESTROY” problem was still present in todo list…

beforeSubmission photo
afterSubmission @admin u asked for me to share screenShot of this issue, recently today i faced same problem again when i
added MAXSEGM to todo list(current june Luncthtime) from practice section (not from june lunctitime page) as earlier

@vijju123 told that this problem may arise due to–
That maybe because same problem is treated as two different problem in practice and in contest , as an example of this fact if you click on my submissions for some problem that was solved in contest and currently you are on the practice section page of the problem then it doesn’t show any submissions for it…

i took screenshot before submission and after submission but MAXSEGM was not removed from todo list automatically… it still exist in todo list
i am attaching screenshot… if its bug than give me my first ladoo prize of finding bug @admin sir

thank you : :slight_smile: @admin

I still remember once it also happened to me during NOV 16 long challenge

1 Like

@bansal1232 dear, u r right, we can externally remove that by clicking on cross button, but before codechef site interface update,we don’t need to remove it manually by clicking cross button, its get automatically removed if we submit ac answer to those problem which are present in todo list

1 Like

@vivek96 dear, i am facing this prolem from 4-5 days…

@hemant_dhanuka please attach screen shot in post

@hemant_dhanuka please attach screen-shots in post

thanku bro

That maybe because same problem is treated as two different problem in practice and in contest , as an example of this fact if you click on my submissions for some problem that was solved in contest and currently you are on the practice section page of the problem then it doesn’t show any submissions for it.…

I agree. I think that this is a possible reason.

Hi Hemant, can you still find DESTROY in your todo list? If so, can you share a screenshot of it?

@admin after submiting destroy problem when problem was not removed automatically then i removed that problem mannually… when any instance i will face such issue again… i will surely ping u mr. @admin