Rating dropped after March Long rating update

I raised the same issue in this post and Codechef resolved it but now after the recent March ratings update the same issue has creeped in . You can read about the issue in the post mentioned above, I also sent an email to codechef on April 1 but have not received any response . Please take care of this issue

2 Likes

But you didn’t even participate in March LONG or FEB LONG, then how is this possible?

Your ratings should be restored.

@admin, kindly look into this matter.

1 Like

As I can see there’s no ratings loss. But your latest rating loss is in feb challenge.

Actually , you did participate in FEB LONG. As i can see you have submitted some solution of KBIGNUM which was removed from the challenge. But it was considered that you have participated in FEB LONG and that’s the reason you got massive drope in rating .

1 Like

As u have submitted solutions for problem KBIGNUM ,so you entered into the contest but the problem was removed and you didn’t solve any other, so u r given rank and rating according to that.

If I get your case correctly, then-

• You submitted for KBIGNUM, but it was removed.
  • Your ratings decreased.
  • You contacted admins about it and explained your grievance
  • They updated your rating back to original
  • But after everyone’s MARCH ratings were updated, your ratings are dropped again.

I think they must have made mistake again.

@admin- If I get his point right, then the “fix” you people did to rectify his ratings got reverted after you updated MARCH LONG. I think you should have a look for any possibility of unintentional/unknown error. :slight_smile:

Hey sidharth97, You can refer to our blog post here: A Star Studded Rating System | CodeChef to understand how our rating system works. If you still have any questions, you can always write to us at: help@codechef.com

The problem was later removed from the contest and when I raised this point the admin replied :
"Hey All, It is a mistake from our side and we will rectify it at the earliest. The ratings for all the users affected by it will be reinstated. We regret the inconvenience. "

2 Likes

@admin I have read that post but that does not address my problem . The problem is : Last time I participated in a rated contest was in JAN LONG , I submitted a solution to KBIGNUM but the problem was later removed from the contest . This issue was raised in this post
: Rating dropped in FEB LONG - general - CodeChef Discuss

and codechef admin replied “Hey All, It is a mistake from our side and we will rectify it at the earliest. The ratings for all the users affected by it will be reinstated. We regret the inconvenience.”

@admin its been 2 days since I sent you last email but I have not received any response not here and not by mail