how to start dynamic programming ?

I am new to advanced topics like Dynamic programming . Please suggest from where to start to have a strong hold in DP problems . Thanks

You should have searched the forum first. There are some great answers here and I’m already trying to follow them. But anyway,

Learn

and then solve

3 Likes

You should give a search for this Q here as there are many valuable answers available for this auestion here.

I entered dp by learning algo and concepts from geeksforgeeks.org. Once you know the standard algo, dp becomes all about optimisations and clever implementation. Initially it feels tough, but it becomes easier once you get into it and start having a feel of concepts. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Somebody upvote me … I don’t have enough karmas to ask questions

4 Likes

DP is an important topic in coding competitions. No matter how many problems have you solved using DP, it can still surprise you …
for introduction , refer Auth0
then go to Auth0
and finally Auth0

… hope it helps .

4 Likes

Please guys don’t ask same question again and again. DP related questions has already been asked too many times at this site and other sites famous sites also.

So at least try to google it before questioning it here.

Somebody please upvote me as I need karmas to ask questions

sorry didnt knew that i had enough no need to upvote

guys, please upvote me. i am new here. nad not able to ask question

3 Likes

Dynamic programming is really a comfortable programming from my point of view becuz lets take example of array we dont need to set no.s of indexes we only pass data in java please understand this topic very clearly. Thank u

thanks mate

thanks mate

Voila, you’ve got your way. Try to involve yourself here.

@abhi_shakes, you’re welcome.

Your username is funny :wink:
Don’t take it wrong, I am just appreciating your creativity :wink: @abhi_shakes :wink:

3 Likes

Just stumbled upon your query few years later :grin: but just wanted to add that Dynamic Programming is such a challenging topic to understand. When I initially started learning I found it tricky to get the concepts but practicing dynamic programming problems from Interview Bit also resources from Topcoder, Hackerearth helped alot.

You can solve questions from Atcoder educational dp contest.
Link : Educational DP Contest - AtCoder

There are 26 dp tasks .