Clarification on Karma farming

Hi everyone,

We have received complaints about “Karma farming” from the community both here on discuss and via email. This post is just to let the community know, that we are currently looking into it and finding permanent (detection and punishment) solutions for such activities.

Along with it, we assure you that prizes for this month’s (April) top contributors would be sent after manual inspection of each user’s profile in top contributors list.

12 Likes

Admin please make sure that this doesn’t happen again. This is very discouraging that u work hard in the discuss forum and then suddenly some cheaters come and spill water on ur hard work.

4 Likes

Along with it, we assure you that prizes for this month’s (April) top contributors would be sent after manual inspection of each user’s profile in top contributors list.

I am glad that you guys considered my request. The situation called for an exception this time. Thank you. :slight_smile:

EDIT- @admin - Please clarify one thing.

If a Top Contributor is found to be indulging in malpractices, then his prize would be forfeited. But will this prize pass on to the immediate next contributors (After top 5)

Meaning, Lets say you found contributor ranked X is karma farmer. You forfeit his prize. Now total contributors being given laddus are 4. Will you, then consider giving laddus to 6th contributor, as he was the one thrown out of the list by karma farmers. (In case you find 6th contributor fake too, consider 7th…and so on until 5 contributors are given prize)

Basically the problem has two parts. Firstly, karma farmers used malpractice to come in Top Contributor list. Second part is, that a genuine contributor got thrown out of list due to that karma farmer.

So you are forfeiting prize from wrong-doers, thats nice! But will you then go on to give that prize to those dropped out of the list? You guys can go on manual checking till 5 contributors are given laddus, because the most fair thing to do right now is simultaneously punish those indulged in malpractice, and also return the just reward to those affected.

2 Likes

@mathecodician is right. Just because of those so called “Karma Farmers”, other deserving people are not able to get the prizes.

It is really disrespectful and demotivating for those people who really try helping others on this forum.

Strict Steps should be taken against such people.

3 Likes

I started from the very starting of the month and stood at third position by answering questions or reporting the bugs…it was not good to see those who gained karma without any reason and pushed some good contributors out.

great initiative!!would be great if proper steps are taken asap.

I worked hard helping people genuinely all through the month than posting craps like marshalroxx and rohitjereji.

I hope admin looks into the matter and awards people who really helped than awarding cons in codechef community.

@admin please look into this matter and fix the discuss section like that of stackoverflow because it is happening every month, someone or the other is playing foul.

1 Like

We have good programmers around here on discuss, who are always intended to help people, they must be awarded. Thanks for clarification @admin.

4 Likes

Yes,rightly said @only4

1 Like