CODECHEF Attendance

@shraeyas
When I open my username to see my attendnce. It is showing wrong against all contest of March. But I was present in cook off and long challenge. So, reporting minor bug here.
Btw I was also present in oct17. You can see my rating fall. But since I was not able to solve any question. So Your tool is showing me absent.
alt text

1 Like

@shraeyas Please add March Lunchtime 18 as unrated in your tool. As mentioned here How do I win a CodeChef Goodie? - #8 by gomu - faq - CodeChef Discuss

2 Likes

Username is not being validated.

Even if we enter wrong username, it shows attendance instead of showing the error.

1 Like

Hey @shraeyas

Nice Tool.
I guess u missed one thing. Problem setting panel is also deemed to be participating in the contest, for the purpose of attendence, as i know.

For example, @vijju123 was editorialist for APRIL18, but he is shown to have not participated in APRIL18. (Wasnt stalking. Just thought of this possibility and searched for the Master Chef Vijju :smiley: )

1 Like

@shraeyas I was not able to solve any question in April Cook Off. It shows me absent but I’m present and I have made ~5 unsuccessful submissions.

A great idea and implementation!

For the past couple of days I have been trying to check my attendance but it shows invalid username. Have tried with a bunch of different usernames and all the same error message.

3 Likes

The only confusion I have presently is whether I should remove that CodeChef Logo or not(Cause it’s unofficial :p).

I will remove it if they ask me to.

Regarding logo, send them a mail. It would be safe that you “informed them”, instead of using it until they retaliate. Cause logos and stuff…its usually best to take permission to avoid unnecessary hassle.

And lmao, i knew you will bring something like this up when i saw you thanking for idea. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Great work:)

1 Like

Absolutely. I just wrote the code for the basic site, didn’t even think much about additional features.

I will definitely add this feature in the near future.

Thank You :slight_smile:

Its showing i didnt attend march cook-off. But i did attend it (it was declared unrated later)

It actually tracks the changes in ratings and then tell us if someone participated or not.

But I will try finding a fix on that, but till then kindly bear with me (need to study for exams too :stuck_out_tongue: ).

Thanks for pointing that out. :slight_smile:

I guessed that it would be checking changes in ratings, as its makes it very easy to code :stuck_out_tongue: .

@mathecodician Yes you are right. That’s because it was unrated. :slight_smile:

He mentioned in above comments that its because that contest was unrated. His algo checks for changes in ratings.

1 Like

Lol…11 sec difference b/w comments. Time to study for exams XD

1 Like

ROFL XXXXXXXXD

1 Like

Hey Shreyas, We would like to know more about this new tool of yours. Can we get on a call and discuss it further? You can drop your contact number at help[at]codechef[dot]com and we will get in touch with you.

6 Likes

Aaaan aaaan @shraeyas . Congo bro…only one word…“TREATTT” XD

3 Likes

Congrats @shraeyas :slight_smile: …Keep up the good work… Really nice gesture by Codechef team …

2 Likes