Codechef long challenge incomplete

Why does codechef holds the long challenge when they are short of hard problems. Almost in all the long contests, less number of problems are released and the contest gets extended due to late admission of problems. I personally think that codechef should hold long contests only when they have all the problems ready.

1 Like

+1
yes agree on this…

1 Like

I am sorry dear, but I fail to see the significance of the post. Please clarify the points/arguments below :slight_smile: -

"Why does codechef holds the long challenge when they are short of hard problems."

How are you saying its because they are short of problems? On hackerrank, the equivalent of coechef’s long is Week of Code, and there they reveal i’th problem only after i’th day of week. (eg- Problem 5 revealed on day 5 etc.).

How are you claiming that they are short of problems instead of this being more of a “format” for this long?

"Almost in all the long contests, less number of problems are released and the contest gets extended due to late admission of problems."

What is the basis of this claim? Except Feb and Jan long, i didnt see any extension in Long contest from Nov last year. Also, Feb extension was due to faulty problems, so we cant count it in support of your claim.

" I personally think that codechef should hold long contests only when they have all the problems ready."

Nothings perfect dear. Waiting for time when “Everything is perfect” made me miss many things in life personally. Its always worth a shot.

But back to topic, what is your concern? What harm has it done to you if codechef didn’t add all problems at once? You haven’t even attempted a single problem, so its not possible that you ran out of problems. The only thing i can see is that it would be more convenient for people (who are able to spend 1-2 days only in codechef long due to college/work) if they add all problems at once so one can easy be “done with” the job.

2 Likes

Yep. Agreed @vijju123
BTW that philosophy though XD :-

Nothings perfect dear. Waiting for time when “Everything is perfect” made me miss many things in life personally. Its always worth a shot

Hahaha. I learnt a lot from my failures. :slight_smile: