"I want to ask a question" - Ask them all here!

Please only ask a question here if you don’t have sufficient karma points to post a question

Hello guys,

As you all are aware, many times there are genuine users who wish to ask a question, but dont have karma for it. They then, have to resort to means of either asking their question in other threads, or request someone to upvote them so they can ask a question.

As we have seen last month, some fake accounts were used in malpractices in discuss, and they also gained karma by “I want to ask a question” thing. Hence, now it is becoming increasingly difficult to differentiate between genuine users, and fake users.

This thread is my solution for it. Any user, with less than 3 karma who wants to ask a question is requested to ask it here, and if the question is upto standards (meaning it needs more than those “one line answers”) then we (at least I ) will convert your “answer” here into a question.

In short, post your question here, and if its a good genuine question, it will get posted as a separate question by using “Convert to question” feature.

In case your question required only 1 line answers or such, we would comment it on your question.

You guys are requested to direct any such guy (who wants to ask a question) here and not “free-upvote” them, so that we can avoid any duplicate/irrelevant questions (as questions posted here would be verified first, before converting to question).

Note to @admin - We will require your active participation and help in events related to deletion of any spam content here. Also, since only admins are ones who could delete answers, it is requested that you keep an eye out on this thread.

With Regards

Vijju123

41 Likes

I am a learner in programming .Where can I search for algorithm .I mean ,tell me a good source website to learn algorithms.

2 Likes

Why can’t I submit my code for May Long Challenge? Up-solving the problems that you were not able to solve in a contest is a must. But the submission link is removed.
Also, I want to ask about the editorials of the long contests. The May Long questions are still not provided with editorials.
The last one : Is there a way by which I can view the test cases after the contest ends?

Can anyone tell me why this code is not functioning properly?Can we accept and display a string like this?

main()
  {
   string a;char ch;

for(int i=0;i<5;i++)
{
     cin>>ch;
      a[i]=ch;
}

cout<<a;
	}

Is using insertion sort in SNAKEEAT problem causing TLE?

https://www.codechef.com/status/SNAKEEAT,amanawasthi96

Hi everyone,
can anyone tell me why am I getting WA with this

[1] the problem  [CHEFSQ][2] ? 
I've tried different test cases and they all seem to give me the correct answer...

Thanks !

[1]: https://pastebin.com/ULLi2wzA
  [2]: https://www.codechef.com/problems/CHEFSQ

I got wrong answer in the samesnak problem asked in snack down qualifiers. Can anyone please tell me what’s wrong with the code. Here’s the link: https://www.codechef.com/viewsolution/13762975

Can anybody tell me what is meant by number of stars beside a users’ name? I have seen many people having different number of stars beside their name. Some have 3* or 7* or so.

IS THERE ANY WAY OF EARNING KARMA POINTS OTHER THAN UPVOTING WHICH IS EASY PLZ REPLY

1 Like

Doesn’t lunchtime have editorials?

In the latest SNCKPB17 contest, in SNELECT, can you provide all the trick cases because according to me there is no error in my code even after spending 2 hours on it. It will really help a lot. Thank You!

1 Like
  1. What is the “accept rate” below each user’s name in the forum?
  2. After each contest, how long until rating and solving activity are updated?

I did SnackDown Pre-A which was several days ago, but neither rating nor “solved problems” on my profile have been updated since then. Or are these 24-hour contests unrated? Thanks Vijju.

i am trying to solve beautiful arrays question. in IDE the input i gave (in accord to format) gives right output , but my answer is shown wrong. can i see (at least some of them) test cases (my code gives right output for test cases provided on site)? Here’s the link: CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

Will the problems solved in the recent snackdown pre-A, pre-B rounds be added to my “recent activity”?
It shows practice problems solved, so even though those contests are unrated I was hoping to see them there (just to keep track). Thanks!

Can I ask questions regarding modifications required in the code?

SNAKGRAPH SNPB17 SNGRAPH Problem - CodeChef
Can any one tell for which test case my code fails?CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone
please tell also about self loop (GIVEN IN CONSTRAINT).

How to optimize this kind of loop
for(i=0;i<**la;**i++)
for(j=0;j<lb;j++)
for(k=0;k<lc;k++){\code}

can anyone explain dis problem statement with example cases clearly…CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

can i submit my logic to june contest and ask where it wrong?

Hi!
I tried to submit a code but codechef isnt accepting it. It doesnt move forward to the window where it shows ‘running’, it always hangs on a specific code. When i tried to submit another code which is not related to the question, it accepted and showed a WA. But when i submit this specific code, it doesnt accept. What do i do?
I think its a bug or something