"I want to ask a question" - Ask them all here!

In the latest SNCKPB17 contest, in SNELECT, can you provide all the trick cases because according to me there is no error in my code even after spending 2 hours on it. It will really help a lot. Thank You!

1 Like
  1. What is the “accept rate” below each user’s name in the forum?
  2. After each contest, how long until rating and solving activity are updated?

I did SnackDown Pre-A which was several days ago, but neither rating nor “solved problems” on my profile have been updated since then. Or are these 24-hour contests unrated? Thanks Vijju.

i am trying to solve beautiful arrays question. in IDE the input i gave (in accord to format) gives right output , but my answer is shown wrong. can i see (at least some of them) test cases (my code gives right output for test cases provided on site)? Here’s the link: CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

Will the problems solved in the recent snackdown pre-A, pre-B rounds be added to my “recent activity”?
It shows practice problems solved, so even though those contests are unrated I was hoping to see them there (just to keep track). Thanks!

Can I ask questions regarding modifications required in the code?

SNAKGRAPH SNPB17 SNGRAPH Problem - CodeChef
Can any one tell for which test case my code fails?CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone
please tell also about self loop (GIVEN IN CONSTRAINT).

How to optimize this kind of loop
for(i=0;i<**la;**i++)
for(j=0;j<lb;j++)
for(k=0;k<lc;k++){\code}

can anyone explain dis problem statement with example cases clearly…CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

can i submit my logic to june contest and ask where it wrong?

Hi!
I tried to submit a code but codechef isnt accepting it. It doesnt move forward to the window where it shows ‘running’, it always hangs on a specific code. When i tried to submit another code which is not related to the question, it accepted and showed a WA. But when i submit this specific code, it doesnt accept. What do i do?
I think its a bug or something

Why do I am not able to view others solution of the contest Snackdown elimination round?
Also the editorial is taking a whole lot of time to upload.

Why do I get SIGSEGV runtime error for this code?here is my code CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone
check it once

Hi Team,

I tried to submit a solution to one of the problems on this site. However it shows as NZEC error. I have tested my code successfully with few test cases in my local IDE as well as on ideone.com

Since, it is failing at codechef, I understand my code is failing with few test cases. Now, how to understand -

1. What is the actual runtime error the code is throwing?

2. For which test case (set of inputs) my code is failing?

Regards,

Lalitha

What kind of error does data overflow gives?
Context: I changed data-type from int to long and I am still getting WA

I am a member from one of the SnackDown Online Elimination top 300 teams (fzszacm)

I haven’t written the address in my own account.

Could I edit my address these days?

And the address need to be in English(or counld I use Chinese?)
Sorry for my poor English :slight_smile:

How many karma points will a person get if his answer is upvoted? And how many karma points he will lose by asking a question and how many karma points will he lose if his answer gets downvoted?

UPD: Also what are badges? Will someone get karmas for earning badges?

2 Likes

Hey everyone… There are a few problems which executes faster in first lang than in second. Also the solution in second lang might exceed the time limit. Can anyone please suggest me how to prefer a language to avoid exceeding time limit? Also what to do in such situations?

Why can’t I see the comments in the JUNE challenge problems. I have faced this issue before too. When I want ot see the comments it shows no comments. Are the comments not available for everyone?

please see why my code (CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone) for SNELECT gives this and i got this error many times but couldn’t get why? please answer…
this error…
Exception in thread “main” java.util.NoSuchElementException
at java.util.Scanner.throwFor(Scanner.java:862)
at java.util.Scanner.next(Scanner.java:1485)
at java.util.Scanner.nextInt(Scanner.java:2117)
at java.util.Scanner.nextInt(Scanner.java:2076)
at Codechef.main(Main.java:14)

Hello, i’m a newcomer to CodeChef. During contest I couldn’t find any information about memory/time limit for the task. So if it exists, please show where to look up for it.