"I want to ask a question" - Ask them all here!

Hi Team,

I tried to submit a solution to one of the problems on this site. However it shows as NZEC error. I have tested my code successfully with few test cases in my local IDE as well as on ideone.com

Since, it is failing at codechef, I understand my code is failing with few test cases. Now, how to understand -

1. What is the actual runtime error the code is throwing?

2. For which test case (set of inputs) my code is failing?

Regards,

Lalitha

What kind of error does data overflow gives?
Context: I changed data-type from int to long and I am still getting WA

I am a member from one of the SnackDown Online Elimination top 300 teams (fzszacm)

I haven’t written the address in my own account.

Could I edit my address these days?

And the address need to be in English(or counld I use Chinese?)
Sorry for my poor English :slight_smile:

How many karma points will a person get if his answer is upvoted? And how many karma points he will lose by asking a question and how many karma points will he lose if his answer gets downvoted?

UPD: Also what are badges? Will someone get karmas for earning badges?

2 Likes

Hey everyone… There are a few problems which executes faster in first lang than in second. Also the solution in second lang might exceed the time limit. Can anyone please suggest me how to prefer a language to avoid exceeding time limit? Also what to do in such situations?

Why can’t I see the comments in the JUNE challenge problems. I have faced this issue before too. When I want ot see the comments it shows no comments. Are the comments not available for everyone?

please see why my code (CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone) for SNELECT gives this and i got this error many times but couldn’t get why? please answer…
this error…
Exception in thread “main” java.util.NoSuchElementException
at java.util.Scanner.throwFor(Scanner.java:862)
at java.util.Scanner.next(Scanner.java:1485)
at java.util.Scanner.nextInt(Scanner.java:2117)
at java.util.Scanner.nextInt(Scanner.java:2076)
at Codechef.main(Main.java:14)

Hello, i’m a newcomer to CodeChef. During contest I couldn’t find any information about memory/time limit for the task. So if it exists, please show where to look up for it.

why i m getting this error…
Exception in thread “main” java.util.NoSuchElementException
at java.util.Scanner.throwFor(Scanner.java:862)
at java.util.Scanner.next(Scanner.java:1485)
at java.util.Scanner.nextInt(Scanner.java:2117)
at java.util.Scanner.nextInt(Scanner.java:2076)
at CodeChef.main(Main.java:10)
… in my code CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

Guyz I am pretty much new to coding…I mostly am only able to apply brute force on questions! Can anyone suggest me a good book for Data Structures and Algorithms pls?
P.S: I need a book not a soft copy or websites.
Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

When will the editorials of JUNE17 arrive.
Why does codechef no longer upload the editorials of contests on time ? Its been 3 days the long challenge has ended and no editorial has arrived yet!!
December long challenge had no editorials and I still struggle with this and this problems from that contest. Then February challenge again had no editorials and the last 2 questions were really nice and are still left for me to upsolve. Then May had no editorials of last 4 questions and now June has no editorials yet. Why not create editorials before the contest ? When will the editorials of these contests arrive ?

can anyone please tell me as to how could I do IPC train of July’17 Long using lazy propagation.? Is this even possible?

Can you please explain the logic of calculator for passing the 2nd test case as it is bothering me?

I need karma to upvote guys, please help me out here.

1 Like

where to get a good understanding on DP concept i.e by seeing the question I need to figure out the states and stuff like that?

QUESTION REGARDING : FIND THE MAXIMUM VALUE ( LOST MAX )
alt text

alt text

FIRST IS TESTER SOLUTION SECOND IS MY SOLUTION LINK JUST SEE LAST LOOP TO FIND MAX ELEMENT AND IGNORE USE OF stl sort in my solution when I submitted it says WA and when I use test logic of bool variable it accepts the solution ?? I want to know why my solution failed ?? and how do I gain reputation so I can ask question on my own ?? how to get karma ??? thx
Best Regards
Syed Ashar Ali

1 Like

Hey, kunnu120, was your question answered? I noticed you deleted it when i was converting it into a independent question.

1 Like

Hey i am new here… have done coding before but new in these online coding field.Can you tell me how to approach the constraints placed in various questions?How should approach handling such an constraint related error? I mean the program I have written for a particular problem runs well in my machine but when submitted here says its incorrect. I have entered all the sample inputs as given and its running well for me at home.

On this recent cookoff, the contest length was 2.5 hours but people have submission times (on just one problem, not a sum) of 4-6 hours. Secondly, some problem had a time limit of 3 seconds but some submissions were 5 seconds. Are those types of stats displayed accurately? Or do those limits not really apply?

can anyone tell me from where i should study to solve questions related to trees and graphs ???