"I want to ask a question" - Ask them all here!

HI all,how to report for this question?
The picture in the question is not showing.

Question

can anyone please tell me whats wrong with my code?

problem : PRB01 Problem - CodeChef

code: CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

can anyone tell me what wrong in my codes?

1. problem : HEADBOB Problem - CodeChef
    CODE: CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

2. (got 40 points) problem: SMPAIR Problem - CodeChef
    CODE: CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

In the score based ranking system(in Long Contests), whose name appears first in case of ties?? I know it doesnt matter as ranks are similar, just asking out of curiosity coz its neither alphabetical wise nor rating wise.

@divyansh_gaba7

Okay, I see the issue. Send them a screenshot of your payment (the one with UTR number as well). That will safeguard you against ALL such issues, and will be your proof that you did payment on time [hence they will HAVE to accept.]

Most probably, the delay is expected, but yeah, do take the precaution and send them a screenshot. Hope your issue gets resolved soon :slight_smile:

EDIT: I suspect that the delay is because 15th Oct was the last date. If they’re saying that it will take 3-4 days, the I think its ok, there shouldnt be any issues. Just make yourself “Safe” and “foolproof” by sending a screenshot as well. I have heard it worked very well (I got accepted in an hour after sending the screenshot). The thing is, there can be mistake while typing your UTR number, or perhaps what you copy-pasted isnt the UTR number but something else (like reference number etc.). To safeguard against these fallacies, its better to send a screenshot.

1 Like

https://www.codechef.com/CODP2017

The problems in the above contest are copied from codeforces and hackerrank.

Even problem statments are not changed, so simply googling the statement would fetch you the code.

I am not expecting comments like “a honest coder would not copy” and statements like that.

Thank you.

While performing the Modular Arithmetic Operation (A%B) : Why is B Usually Given as a prime number ?

What is error in my code?

https://www.codechef.com/viewsolution/15998961

I am getting run-time error. I tried too much to find where i am getting this but failed.
please help me. this is my code–>
this is Octomber lunchyime problem 2 MAXNUM3
https://www.codechef.com/viewsolution/15994545
thank you

Can someone explain what WA means for executing the codes for the contest. I won’t ask for help with the code. I just want to know how the competition works and how does the code execution take place for checking my answer submission. Thanks.

can anyone tell me error in my code?
question: LCH15JAB Problem - CodeChef
my code : CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

Please upvote this comment. I want to get reputation points.

1 Like

Would it be possible for the author of CHEFNIL (or somebody else) to share the piece of code that is used to calculate the score of a solution?

I’m asking for this because I wrote a program which generates two possible solutions, computes the sum of points for both, and outputs the one with a larger sum. When I change the program to output just the first of those solutions (and ignore the second), the score of my submission goes up, and I can’t make sense of why this is happening.

I am new to codechef and i don’t know how to add constraints mostly given as sub-task2 in codechef problems i tried using the conditional statements but it is still showing sub-task-2 failed
some of my submission are:

problem link :CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

solution :CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

please find error in my code:
problem :CHEFSQ Problem - CodeChef
my code: CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

When will be the Final RankList of ACM ICPC 2018 Online Round made Public? I am not even able to go to Contest Page, i.e. codechef.com/ACMIND17

Is it legal to ask questions related to codeforces problem set (practice) on codechef?
As both are coders platforms! Initially i started coding for the first time at codechef but was scared so someone suggested me solving on codeforces and i feel more comfortable there because you can see your failing test cases there.

I have a Question. If you are topmost coder of Codechef but you have 0 karmapoint then can you ask question or Not ? Is it fair to decide only according to karmapoints and not your rank and rating?

First off thanks for doing this, because I have questions. How do I get better at understanding the problems? I am doing beginner and just read the problem and want to claw my eyes out because I have no clue what they are asking. Is there a trick to getting better at it?

Are Duplicate Elements Allowed In a Binary Search tree???