"I want to ask a question" - Ask them all here!

can anyone tell me error in my code?
question: LCH15JAB Problem - CodeChef
my code : CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

Please upvote this comment. I want to get reputation points.

1 Like

Would it be possible for the author of CHEFNIL (or somebody else) to share the piece of code that is used to calculate the score of a solution?

I’m asking for this because I wrote a program which generates two possible solutions, computes the sum of points for both, and outputs the one with a larger sum. When I change the program to output just the first of those solutions (and ignore the second), the score of my submission goes up, and I can’t make sense of why this is happening.

I am new to codechef and i don’t know how to add constraints mostly given as sub-task2 in codechef problems i tried using the conditional statements but it is still showing sub-task-2 failed
some of my submission are:

problem link :CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

solution :CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

please find error in my code:
problem :CHEFSQ Problem - CodeChef
my code: CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

When will be the Final RankList of ACM ICPC 2018 Online Round made Public? I am not even able to go to Contest Page, i.e. codechef.com/ACMIND17

Is it legal to ask questions related to codeforces problem set (practice) on codechef?
As both are coders platforms! Initially i started coding for the first time at codechef but was scared so someone suggested me solving on codeforces and i feel more comfortable there because you can see your failing test cases there.

I have a Question. If you are topmost coder of Codechef but you have 0 karmapoint then can you ask question or Not ? Is it fair to decide only according to karmapoints and not your rank and rating?

First off thanks for doing this, because I have questions. How do I get better at understanding the problems? I am doing beginner and just read the problem and want to claw my eyes out because I have no clue what they are asking. Is there a trick to getting better at it?

Are Duplicate Elements Allowed In a Binary Search tree???

When will November cook-off ratings be updated?

Can anyone tell me why my solution for problem LRQUER from november lunchtime is giving wrong answer on subtask #2 but correct answer on subtasks #1 and #3. CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

How to calculate revenue in business ? Please explain it through example.

plzz upvote me i want to ask questions!!

if possible please clear my doubt : help in understanding strongly connected component in graphs - general - CodeChef Discuss

When I run this Prime generator it works fine , but when i give range for prime’s as 1 to 10000000 it stops working and everything crashes !

I recently learned Sieve of Eratosthenes and is implementation of it.

Please help. I find this Karma system bad for newbies like me and would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

:smiley:

#include <iostream>
#include<stdio.h>
#include<bits/stdc++.h>
#define ll long long int

using namespace std;

int main()
{   ios::sync_with_stdio(false);
    cin.tie(NULL);
    int t;
    scanf("%d",&t);
   while(t--)
    {
        long long int m,n;
        scanf("%lld %lld",&m,&n);
        //Sieve
        bool prime[n+1];
        prime[0]=false;
        prime[1]=false;
        for(ll i=2;i<=n;i++)
            prime[i] = true;

for(ll i=2; i*i<= n;i++)
        {
            if(prime[i])
            {
                for(ll j=i*2;j<=n;j+=i)
                    prime[j]=false;
            }

}
        // Printing
        for(ll z=m;z<=n;z++)
        {
            if(prime[z])
                printf("%lld\n",z);
        }

}

return 0;
}

Why are solutions of ZCO practice contest of other coders are visible??

Is it because it’s a practice contest??

can someone explain with an example the use of upper_bound() and lower_bound() functions(as used in solving binary search problems)??

Hey, @vijju123,@admin

While using Codechef IDE, I noticed a bug. If a line is selected and Ctrl + / is pressed then, in general for other languages (I checked for C, C++ 6.3, C++ 17, PYTH, PYTH 3.5) the lines get commented out. But for PYPY, just a // is put before the lines, which is definitely not commenting out in case of PYPY.

Can you please check this and inform @admin if it is truly a bug (in case she does not notice).

Thanks.

What is error in my code?

https://www.codechef.com/viewsolution/14588443