Problem with new ratings!

New ratings are not calculated as expected. Adding up gain to last score should be more while its lesser. Anybody else noticed the same?

14 Likes

I don’t understand what you are reporting, but in my case I increased my reting last contest, but actually it shows it decreased in APR13…

1 Like

My rating has problems too. Last month I had a rating around 3600 and 3700 (April). But now it shows that last month I had a rating of 3550(April) and now 3667… It seems like last month ratings were recalculated… I think every user that participated in the contests deserves to know why.

2 Likes

Same here my rating of April’13 contest has been decreased by 150.27 (x to y) and this time May’13 ratings is increased by 160.25 on y, but it should have been x+160.25.

5 Likes

Same here… April’13 rating decreased by 160. Expected a bit more increase this time!

@all yes there is some problem in calculations of ratings…

I think everyone’s previous rating decreased by some points and than they added new rating to this decreased old rating.

After April contest my rating was approximately 3700 but now in graph it is showing 3569 so and than new rating they added .

So @admin Please have a look on your system and do revert us…
Still admin did not replied yet??..??

Happy Coding!!!

For almost 15 min in the day , my april rating dot was missing from the graph , when it came back it was lower then I last saw by almost 160 points :frowning: .

I think they are working on it.

4 Likes

@admin please reply!!! my april3 rating has gone down from what i had after march13!! though it increased earlier, i checked it.

The ratings were recalculated due to the reported cheating cases in April contest. However, because of some issues we faced during the calculations we will be recalculating them.

6 Likes

same with me, my april rating was 2000+ now its showing around 1800.

@admin Plz reply wats the problem…??
Not getting any idea
is there any change in marking scheme or there was a mistake commited …?

@admin so the rating would be rectified or would they remain what we see currently, considering them correct.

@all The ratings have been recalculated after considering the reported cheating cases till now. There can be a change in your ratings. Check them now here: http://www.codechef.com/long/ranklist/AX

There were issues in our previous rating calculations and all of them have been addressed. Please send and email to feedback@codechef.com in case you still find any issues with calculation of your ratings.

3 Likes

ratings fixed!! thanks @admin

1 Like

I’ve noticed that my previous score was decreased by around 200 when I checked in the graph.

1 Like

He is referring to your rating points… Yours increased from 3464.9 to 3527.8… The original question is, “isn’t the increase in your points (~ 63 points) way bit lesser than what it should have been?”

I too felt that the ratings is not proper this time. But, I am one who usually do not care about these ratings (we get to learn a lot more than just an increase in the ratings). So, no worries for me. :wink:

I am also expecting a more increase in my rating after scoring 6.76 in MAY’13 but it didn’t came out the way it should have. There might definitely be some problem.

Actually, I do mean the same.

2 Likes