Slow speed of submissions

make it unrated @admin
my submission is running since half an hour now!

I have submitted 20 minutes before and still result is waiting…!!

LUNCHTIME is canceled

“We are facing issues with the #LTIME48 contest problems and couldn’t handle submissions. Keeping SnackDown Pre-Elimination 2017 contest into consideration, we have decided to cancel LTIME48 and make in an unrated contest. The site will now be in read-only mode for sometime. We regret the inconvenience caused.”

2 Likes

I have one doubt…
If this issue continues till the end of the contest (If i cant submit the solution), will this affect 100% attendance?

This came up on the solution page

We are facing issues with the #LTIME48 contest problems and couldn't handle submissions. Keeping SnackDown Pre-Elimination 2017 contest into consideration, we have decided to cancel LTIME48 and make in an unrated contest. The site will now be in read-only mode for sometime. We regret the inconvenience caused.

1 Like

@admin The contest is unrated. Can we at least submit now? It is not allowing to submit.

alt textCodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

The number of submissions for the #LTIME48 contest overwhelmed our judge servers and most of the submissions went into the queue and increased the judge processing time. Keeping SnackDown Pre-Elimination 2017 contest into consideration, we want to keep our judge servers in the best possible state and hence 
we have decided to cancel LTIME48 and make in an unrated contest. We regret the inconvenience caused.
1 Like
The number of submissions for the #LTIME48 contest overwhelmed our judge servers and most of the submissions went into the queue and increased the judge processing time. Keeping SnackDown Pre-Elimination 2017 contest into consideration, we want to keep our judge servers in the best possible state and hence we have decided to cancel LTIME48 and make in an unrated contest. We regret the inconvenience caused

-Codechef

1 Like

“The number of submissions for the LTIME48 contest overwhelmed our judge servers and most of the submissions went into the queue and increased the judge processing time. Keeping SnackDown Pre-Elimination 2017 contest into consideration, we want to keep our judge servers in the best possible state and hence we have decided to cancel LTIME48 and make it an unrated contest. We regret the inconvenience caused.”

I experienced slow submissions while submitting my solution to a practice problem but the submission executed perfectly after 2 mins or so and everything looks fine now.

Yup, the long time before getting the verdict is the concern. Please write them a mail, so that the issue is brought forward too them asap. :slight_smile:

We have patience :-). But if the problem lasts for a good amount of time, then it can affect things heavily, since its a short contest.

I think Admin will surely have a look into this
Smackdown, MAY LTIME, May marathon, there is so much piled up. All we can hope is we get everything back to track soon

1 Like

Thats true. I hope that it gets sorted soon :slight_smile:

what is their mailing address again?

I agree. See problem teleport. As of 8:24 pm, it has ZERO submissions, some taking alot of time. It wont be fair to keep it rated under this circumstance…

My sentiments resonate with yours. Exactly the point. Extension is not a solution here.

1 Like

Totally. My first submission took 20 mins for a verdict that will indeed make my rank fall drastically. All those months of hard work gonna go away because of a server issue. @admin Make the contest unrated.

1 Like

If it was running, trying checking the verdict in “my submissions” tab. That should help!

We all feel you. My code hasn’t been submitted for 45 minutes now. Just refresh the page and try again. Codechef will have to make this contest unrated. Extending won’t be optimal since it will clash timings with SNACKDOWN.

1 Like