New CodeChef Home page: Feedback

To provide a better user experience in the community, CodeChef has revamped the home page with a new design. We have tried to declutter everything and also made it responsive.

This thread is to collect feedback on the same.

Also if there is any feature that you want to be built, please feel free to share it in the replies.

Happy Coding!

10 Likes

Inconsistent UI.

6 Likes

on first look, it appears as if the page failed to load properly, i had to refresh it to convince myself that it is indeed a new UI and not a network issue xd

2 Likes

I personally liked it a lot

2 Likes

:+1:

1 Like

I did not face any issues. I liked the modern and clean look :slight_smile:
Will dark mode be added as well?

6 Likes

Dark theme please
:unamused:

4 Likes

Great UI/UX. One minor personal suggestion: I really liked the fact that I didn’t have to leave the homepage to sign-in in the previous UI, the username/password field appeared inline in the top navigation bar. The new UI redirects to a separate sign-in page, which adds an extra page to load. Would appreciate it a lot if you consider this suggestion. But other than that the new UI is undoubtedly much more helpful with useful information and uncluttered than the previous one.

3 Likes

TBH I liked the previous UI more. Most of the relevant information was visible on the first sight of homepage only. Now it looks cleaner but doesn’t provide much information on first sight, we have to explore it.

6 Likes

This issue still persists.

Please add the dark mode as well

1 Like

If possible I would have given 10 likes to your reply.

To enter the contest one has to click on set reminder, which is inaccurate. Miss good old half page banner which takes to contest page wherever you click.

1 Like

tmp

Can this also show “Past Contests” with rated contests in the last 72 hrs?
Lunchtime ended 3 hrs ago and rn there is no way to go to it from the homepage. People often visit the contest page just after it has ended.

4 Likes

Discuss(Recent posts) is almost neglected. You have to scroll too much to reach discuss. I would request to change its position somewhere else which requires lesser efforts to reach

4 Likes

Old is gold! Pls revert the changes made to ui.

1 Like

Although the old UI was much better, but I can take the guarantee that they won’t revert.

2 Likes

Dark Theme

Old UI was more compact (which is a good thing), also this new one is inconsistent, go to practice/contest page and its the same as before.