An advice for competitive programming

I am glad I could help you realize what you are doing wrong :slight_smile:

1 Like

Itna srs kyu hae sabh?
Nice post btw.

6 Likes

You could have just commented on the question…

1 Like

Keep practicing and learning

1 Like

Give the forums a search. This Q has been answered gracefully multiple times before.

2 Likes

Thank you, I am glad you found this so helpful :slight_smile:

Glad that I could bring about a good change in someone

May you rise and rise again. Best wishes for IOI, I’ll hope you ace it.

1 Like

Thank you in advance(in case I make it to there) :slight_smile:

That’s being kept confidential.

" Even learning new topics now is not as important as practice. If you solve till div2 D on codeforces, you are a purple/high blue. New topics are only needed for div1 C/div2 E and if you solve them fast, you have a high chance of being a yellow or red."

As I said, you don’t need to follow a list of topics and study it day and night. Just practice the problems, enjoy solving them and be good at solving them. Just this will take you to high blue/purple on codeforces.

Well, I don’t think I am qualified to answer this because even I can’t solve many medium+ level question. Maybe this(If you ask me how to improve your algorithm competition skill, I will give you the link of this blog. - Codeforces) can help you figure out the answer to the question.

1 Like

Thank you. :slight_smile:

u finally realised what I was telling u in the camp about practising instead of learning new stuff. For me it was the opposite. I only practised (at least the time that I am allowed laptop access around 1hr/day ) but procastinated on learning new stuff and so the camp turned out to be pretty helpful even though I didn’t understand stuff like suffix automata, fft and all but those easy lectures, informal lectures and stuff learned from people like u was a lot. Looking forward to implementing and practising that stuff. Btw, those words by Kevin r really inspiring.

This means a lot.

@mathecodician You said,“I like debugging more than learning new stuff”…thats…weird. And yeah, I am really happy to have been of use to someone and that you learned some stuff from me too :stuck_out_tongue:

I said I like solving problems more than learning new stuff. So, Addhyan said that for most people it was the opposite and asked whether I like debugging. So I replied ‘yes’.

Thank you too :slight_smile:

Thank you :slight_smile:

Nice recommendation!

3 Likes