Android app for codechef with offline support

Nice work brother.

Unfortunately I was having issues with HTTPS requests in volley for android 4.4 and below, so this app requires 5.0 minimum.

Added editorial link at the end of question in latest update

1 Like

Thanks a ton for your help. Update with kitkat support rolling out

Kitkat support has been added. You can install the app now.

This was exactly my motivation behind making this app. Hope you’d enjoy!

tqq bro @rituraj22

Thanks @vidyut_1

I guess this is because they are meant to be used on PC and not smart phones. Even in this app, I can not think of any use of adding option to submit solution as it is simply ridiculous. I simply made this for practicing questions and in spare time and it appears a small minority wants such an app afterall. And at the end, the community can always make apps for their needs

Commited fix to github. Update will roll out soon to play store with your desired changes.

I had already mafe a github repo and the link is in this page itself. GitHub - rituraj22/fridge: Fridge for Codechef: An android app for downloading and browsing questions and contests from codechef.com offline

but the Q&A forums shld have such apps
Quors works fine
why not stackoverflow. It will boost people participation as people are more comfortable with mobiles

Use the plus button and enter the question code.
Alternatively you can associate the app to open codechef links and the app will directly launch on opening a question url.
For contrast, I will add it in the next update

The text has been made fully white in the new update. Check it out

Thanks man. App is hell lightweight and works like a charm for me. Thank you for such an app. Just one more thing (idk whether its a bug or not) whenever i refresh(by sliding down) on a saved question it displays “Question might be unavailable” even when net is connected.

Actually in saved question, I try to open question in practice mode, and if contest is ongoing then it will show question as unavailable. If you do it by mistake then you can just go back and then reopen the question. And also you can rate and share the app if you like it

Your point is good but stackoverflow does have an app.

Strange. This is showing correctly on the latest stable version for me. Maybe this was an issue in codechef’s formatting. Try again and reply

1 Like

@rituraj22 I didn’t know what had happened. But uninstalled this and installed this again. And its working fine now. :slight_smile:

@vijju123 Your work needed. Profile of a website is created instead of person. Also @vikasprince Promoting your website is not allowed on codechef. If you are having any genuine doubt how to add follow button. Then you would have probably asked with your own account instead of creating a account for your website, and using it to ask. If how to add follow button is genuine doubt then plz ask with your own personal account.