Best IDE for C++ locally

I’m good at Java and now I’m trying to shift to c++ for some fun. But the worrysome is I don’t have any idea about which IDE to use.

a) I’m expecting a C++ IDE where compile happens automatically and clicking of a button, you can run the program and see the result JUST LIKE how it happens for Java in Eclipse, Netbeans and Intellij etc…

Please provide some suggestions and TBH, I don’t want to use Ideone.com
Point number a) is really important. I don’t want to put a command for compiling and a command for running the program, which sucks totally.

Best ide for c++ or any language

Though its not a local one, but I guess Internet connection must not be a problem.

1 Like

Thanks, But I’m not looking for online IDE’s as I’m afraid of Plagiarism. Someone will get access to the code. Not sure if these Online sites makes codes public / not. Better avoid them.

Can you suggest some offline IDE’s which is more convenient to code?

1 Like

Since you want to compile with a click you can try codeBlocks
Otherwise, VSCode is also a good option.

1 Like

Thanks. VSCode looks cool. Will try both of them and see which works for me.

vscode + iorun extension
link - IORun - Visual Studio Marketplace

2 Likes

I prefer using text editor over IDEs, they’re way more customisable and i don’t ever use functionalities provided by IDEs.
I :heart: Atom editor

2 Likes

You can also configure VScode to run code using shortcut key Ctrl+Alt+N by installing code runner extension in VSCode

1 Like

If your system can handle CLion(little resourse hungry)
Apply for educational license and use it.
It has autosuggest feature and that is very helpful

Code blocks with input file

I prefer using Sublime Text Editor

1 Like

Bro use jdoodle c++ 14 it’s fast and no plag occur , as it does not save or generate url…

1 Like

Free suggestion: try to avoid using IDEs as much as you can when you practice, you don’t get IDEs during placement rounds.
Use the space given to write code on the same website.
It seems like a small matter, but almost screwed up my 1st round of Amazon on mettl, their platform sucks…

1 Like

I think eclipse exist for c++ as well. Try searching it (if you’re comfortable with it).

I prefer sublime for local and gdb for online,both are just amazing.
Sublime
gdb_online

1 Like

@mnithinkk If you really want to use IDE , use CLION because it is very powerful and there is no such IDE as powerful as CLION and i would reccommend to use DevC++ instead of IDE because it is very light and it helps us understand and practice the syntax very well . Though it takes time to show output it helps us a lot in many ways unknowingly . IDE’s are very much useful during short contests but remember to use DEVC++ during practice .

1 Like

I have already answered this question once.

Hope this helps!!

You can use Clion same as intellij, just use extension to have multiple files under same project.
It’s a bit heavy ide

CodeLite IDE is best for C/C++