Can anyone guide me to become top coder from a beginner

Please, somebody, guide me I am really confused.
I am currently solving all the practice beginner questions from the bottom in codechef. I am participating in long challenges altogether. I could solve 1 problem completely and 3 problems partially. I don’t know if I am in the right direction and what should be my next step. How and when should I start learning DSA and what problems should I practice for it?

2 Likes

Solving beginner section in increasing order of accuracy is what i did, and still doing for the easy section now :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I suggest not doing that. Instead solve a contest in practice.
Solving difficulty wise is not good. Solving contest wise is better.
But yeah for initial one or two weeks you can go with beginner and easy section. But after that stop doing that.

6 Likes

@l_returns You’re correct…For long challenges i try to solve every question in Div 2 and at least 4 question in Div 1

2 Likes

Yeah, I agree. That would be a better option. What’s your opinion @kutengine @kut_hbi1998.

1 Like

Muje ek bhi aa jaaye Div-1 kaa toh kaafi hai bhaii:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

1 Like

Wo toh 14th October ko dikhega😉

Lol…bade log :expressionless::expressionless::expressionless::expressionless::roll_eyes::rofl:

1 Like

Well, didn’t understand but seems quite funny.

1 Like

no one cares bro just find ur way of dealing with these challenges, blogs quora or you tube videos will help more than this interactive gyan exchange(no one cares).
(An awesome list for competitive programming! - Codeforces)
this may help u.Happy coding.

Can anyone guide me to become top coder from a beginner

No.

2 Likes

Everyone has their own way. Explore and find your own.

2 Likes

"I can only show you the path, you have to walk on that path on your own"

1 Like

@anon55659401 Sarcasm??

The answers of this question on Quora can help you in choosing the right path.

too old post, it didn’t really work for me .

@anon37762716 Let me tell you something, I am also a beginner who wants to be best in competitive programming, want to be in top-10 list of competitive programmers especially in Code forces but its not that easy, it’s a mind sport, you need to be really good with mathematics, data-structures & algorithms, and that comes from practice a lot of practice, people like Gennady, Petr, AC Rush, etc they are at the top because they have done a lot of practice for more than 2-3 years, Infact when you are asking these questions they would probably be solving some problems in order to make themselves better.

So, it’s better that whatever resources you know of from various sources like quora, YouTube, medium etc. Use them become better day by day, solve as much problems as you can, learn the algorithms, practice them until you are able to write them in under 10-mins or so.

It’s a long road to greatness, and it will take time, patience, persistence and some long nights when your solutions are giving WA and TLE but in last it will pay-off.

Nobody can tell you the right path to become a top-coder, it depends upon you, you can ask top-coders in world for there suggestions, and they will help you, but it is you who knows your own strengths and weaknesses when it comes to coding, improve your strengths and change your weaknesses into strengths, that’s how you become better.
If you are weak in Dynamic Programming, practice a lot until it becomes your strength.

Don’t waste your time asking questions about how can I become better. Solve problems and if you are stuck there are tons of forums to help you out.

1 Like