Cheating in Codejam Round 1A

So, do we need to report or they are going to check for such people?

You can also report by emailing codejam@google.com

2 Likes

Submitting within 5 minutes is okay. Many contestants test their solution for a long time before they submit.

Is there enough code similarity to ensure that it is a case of copying?

I have seen many users have submitted their codes 2 hours after the contest began.
Even their codes are same.

Well, read that. It is insane. This guy Karan is a real cheat! Needs to be caught!

5 Likes

Something really messy going around, may be in some private chat group or whatever. I am seeing people with no CP background, very low rated on CF/CC (like grey even after 10 or 20 contests) are getting within 1500 in CodeJam. They have completely different templates on submission of different problems. Why there is so much cheating on Google competitions?

5 Likes

Even this SE from Google posted on her LinkedIn wall.

2 Likes

Let me add something to this…

16 Likes

Look at the submission timings of these people. If you will look at the codes they have submitted, you will find that all have same solutions.

2 Likes

Just curious.
How are you finding the people who are cheating? Are you going through each and every submissions?

7 Likes

When I was looking at the ranklist , I was amazed to see that the user has got all answers correct within 2-3 minutes.Therefore I looked at their submissions.

2 Likes

What the hell …they have same solution of q.2 pascal walk … utha le re deva …merko nhi in cheat krne walo ko :expressionless:
ye charo :rage:
@arnav_bansal @aishwary2112 @tushar_ghige @panchaldhruv

arnav_bansal
aishwary2112
tushar_ghige
panchaldhruv

4 Likes

Oh, I didn’t notice the time gap between submissions :sweat_smile:.
Thanks for informing.

People were cheating in long challenge.
And now they have started cheating in google competition :disappointed:.
Many genuine and hardworking people get low rank because of them.
But karma will perform his job .Their fake rating will never gonna help them .

3 Likes

I mean. who are these people? where do they come from?!

jolly LLB 1 :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

check rank 344,345,360,366,369,370 they also cheat (their answer for Q2)

are u sure ?
they might not get the job…but they can steal the interview opportunity from some other hardworking coder
and not everyone is so bad at cheating .
there are people who can cheat and not get caught

2 Likes

There is huge possibility that they all are also doing cheating in codechef long :thinking:

1 Like

That is fine. Some people solve all questions together and then submit it at once (since in codejam only the time for the last submitted problem is counted). Even tourist does this sometimes on atcoder.
But yeah the similarity in the solutions is definitely there.

1 Like