Cheating in contest Crack me if you can!

@admin, I suggest you write a program to compare solutions and find out if there are the same.

There is some more cheating in this contest, these 2 solutions are the same:
https://www.codechef.com/viewsolution/33726695
https://www.codechef.com/viewsolution/33729881

The only difference is that the latter does not have so many comments.

I wonder what stopped him from solving all 5 problems? :thinking:

3 Likes

I think thatā€™s how the plagiarism mechanism works.

Seems like Iā€™ll be getting Laddus, removed contest no hopes :sweat:

We are looking into this.

1 Like

@admin Are you still planning to give laddus after MOSS?

1 Like

bhai @marksman2 bahot hard!
bja di aapne cheaters ki!

1 Like

Nope, there will be no prizes for this contest.

4 Likes

Well, thanks for this @admin I really wanted to know why my solution failed during the contest but on codeforces the same WA solution passes all test cases and gets an AC. Still wondering how is this possible

That code is the code of the top ranked user in the CF contest from where this problem was copied. So itā€™s probably the case that everyone copied from there. No penalties for users apart from the ones who have colluded with the organizer.

6 Likes

Why is nobody commenting on the copied GFG codes XD

2 Likes

The students didnā€™t contact the college authorities before hosting the contest. It was held by a individual group. This should not be linked with the college name.

2 Likes

Hello @admin, thanks for the reply.

The contest was hosted individually by @ameya13 and others were involved in cheating, but college authorities were totally unaware of this. Also, as @boom786 and @buzz_95 mentioned, some idiots do not represent the whole college. So, banning the college is not a righteous decision.

4 Likes

quite the detective :+1: :+1: :orange_heart:

@admin
Immediate action should be taken
Block these accounts or cancel the laddus

Canā€™t believe people can be so corrupted :sob: :sob: :cry:

1 Like

Please remove this comment :slight_smile:
Donā€™t doxx the person no matter what he did

No one claimed that he is not from Pune Institute of Computer Technology. We are saying that a college should not be banned due to some nincompoops.

1 Like

We are well aware of what we are doing, and we have this process for a reason. Yes, your point is valid, and is something we are very conscious of. No further public discussions on this.

4 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

4 Likes

Maybe you should read the entire Guidelines before hosting a contest in that case. I donā€™t see why this should be mentioned in Sign Up, as all users do not host contests.

ā€œFailing this, your institute might be banned from hosting contests on CodeChef in future.ā€
ā€“ About | Host Your Contest | CodeChef

And as has been said earlier, the final decision will be taken after discussing with the college authorities.

7 Likes

As now Everything is over so can someone please post editorials of this contest. :blush: