CHEATING IN FEBRUARY LONG..!!!!

@bugkiller i have checked the submission history for all submissions for LEMOVIE and it is indeed @vishalkarve15 's solution as his submission was the first and he had several previous similar submissions like that. He also wouldn’t have come out and confessed that it was his solution in the comments if he was indeed cheating as he was not caught also.I understand that he should have used Ideone safely but calling him a cheater and saying he is ‘fooling around’ would be unfair to him.

@kcahdog >> I am not blaming him for an invalid solution or cheating; neither have I called him a cheater. I am asking him to code locally.

in a rude manner

bugkiller: I don’t think “You should first get a life” has anything to do with coding locally. In fact, it’s just a baseless insult.

7 Likes

Firstly thanks for bringing all these cheating cases to our notice. We are in the process of developing a strict mechanism, which will curb the repeated cheating cases in all our contests. We will soon be bringing in the process and once it is in the practice we will take all the cheating cases since October Challenge 2013 into consideration and will take apt action against all the users involved in any such false practices.

5 Likes

@xellos0 >> I don’t care what you think or conclude from that. My second statement did mean about coding locally. Next, whether it’s baseless or not I don’t know but if it is an insult I will insult such a person who don’t care about putting his code NOT PUBLIC. Solving 9 / 10 problems and I don’t know if he used public in all his code then it is a serious offense. It’s his responsibility to mark it private, in which he failed. Its written in the code of conduct. You’re an old member, don’t support his negligence. No further arguments from my side.

bugkiller: “Get a life” has nothing to do with Ideone, marking codes private or this topic overall. For me, it means “get a real life instead of living behind a computer and programming”, because that’s how it’s often used by haters on the Internet. Maybe it’s just a bad choice of words from your side…

2 Likes

You missed that comment from @admin probably…

Firstly thanks for bringing all these cheating cases to our notice. We are in the process of developing a strict mechanism, which will curb the repeated cheating cases in all our contests. We will soon be bringing in the process and once it is in the practice we will take all the cheating cases since October Challenge 2013 into consideration and will take apt action against all the users involved in any such false practices.

I don’t know what will or might happen, but fact is that specific pointed out cheaters were not disqualified for several weeks at least. With that kind of negligence, I don’t trust future tense.

2 Likes

I agree, if those users are not punished, they will do it again and again and again…