Cheating : July long 2017

I’m really skeptical about your explanation. We all know youtube won’t gives suggestions of videos that have very very low views and subscribers unless there is some matching keyword which in this case can only be “codechef” or the question name itself.
Not blaming you for cheating.

1 Like

Well I have even liked Codechef channel on YouTube. I don’t know whether that is a reason. And if you still don’t believe you can see my profile for knowing how much I tried to get AC in all the codes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You have a point… But again how will registration even help? That guy could easily register in the contest and do what he is doing now!!
I don’t think we can do anything other than informing the admin and if Codechef itself takes some measures, the situation may improve!!

Oh yes but at least we can know the email account of the guy using it and then can ban the guy from codechef after knowing his email account from youtube channel. I know it sounds a bit illogical but that’s the best we can do. Rest is in the hands of Codechef. So let’s believe in @admin

If you didn’t cheat, you learned some new topics and got ACs, I think they were useful :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Dude @lord_ozb you have no right to blame @dishant_18 . If his intention was to cheat, he wouldn’t have blown up his future chances and post this blog.

2 Likes

Some people tried to ask questions directly on math exchange too during contest… I reported it as soon I saw that before some one could answer on that post… :slight_smile: I request you guys too to report these kind of posts if you see it somewhere online during contest…

https://math.stackexchange.com/questions/2353162/how-many-degree-2-vertices-are-possible-in-all-ordered-trees-with-n-vertices/2354766#2354766

4 Likes

The suggestion that questions should only be available to registered users during the contest is an awesome one.

@akashbhalotia
read the last line of my comment.

@dishant_18
Chill bro, as I said I’m not blaming you for cheating :slight_smile:

Well, they could try to watermark the images in the questions to track which user account was used to download the questions. But that is likely too expensive as it would require a significant amount of extra processing power and storage to create individual images for every single user.

4 Likes

YouTube has an report update policy. It only turns off and shuts some channels and videos if they are against YouTube community standards. If they are not, they will not be put down.

But these things should not happen

Well, you are right… But I had no other option rather than sharing it here and mailing to Chef! But believe me, the ones who search for the videos are spoiled and not us,the ones who work out solution on our own! Maybe ratings can be affected but what matters at the end of the day is how much you learned :slight_smile:

Are u sure? Maybe he is viewer of the channel!!

Amit is his name and amit amit is the channel which can not be a coincidence @dishant_18 and regardless of whether he is just a viewer or administrator of that channel, @amit_369 is guilty of plagiarism.

1 Like

you have made a valid step towards it

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile: