CHEFIHG - Editorial

The Qs is still accepting solutions which are randomly generated.

https://www.codechef.com/viewsolution/11205902

We had discovered it during the testing, we tried some test cases which can break some of the randomized solution. It was really hard to generate test cases for it. I would be interested if someone has a good test case to break such solutions.

2 Likes

What was that :3 :3 :3

“That guy would have never guessed this thing .”
That guy is one of the top competitors worldwide, so I’m pretty sure he would have.

2 Likes

I <3 Tanya Romanova :stuck_out_tongue:

This isn’t I_love_Tanya_Romanova’s solution, this is solution of Tanya Romanova ( romanova | CodeChef User Profile for Tanya Romanova | CodeChef )

4 Likes

Exactly lebron | CodeChef User Profile for Bohdan | CodeChef
And this is his solution : CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

A case like this would not have allowed this: :frowning:
20 20
C…

to enforce boundary restriction u can make the case for 1919 and then put '’ along the boundaries to get a 20*20.

I know he isn’t I_love_Tanya_Romanova, I meant to say that, I love this(not orig) Tanya Romanova :stuck_out_tongue:

Who told that ?
Non-determinism is something which can never be beaten-

https://www.codechef.com/viewsolution/10900841

3 Likes

LOL That is awesome! _/_

damn… i tried 2 different values in srand and both got WA, but srand(0) gets accepted

Would love to hear the reasoning behind this!

@xellos0 A random output is giving AC to this solution, so is there a guarantee that everyone who solved it did it correct? Maybe they also got their luck, right? What kind of problem is it?

1 Like

My randomized solution with checker passes in same time as during a contest, so I’m not sure if tests are actually updated somehow.

Can you share O(N) code? If you mean area of input as N, still it sounds interesting, as you claim that you can build a good string which has size O(N).