Clarifying the MOSS flag I got about code matching with one other participant in FEB LUNCHTIME2020

I don’t know where to post my query or help since CodeChef tells not to approach them if the code is actually same.

So, I got this mail today telling that my code matched with one other participant in FEB Lunchtime2020:

My Submission
His Submission

I checked and yes the whole code of mine was copied without any changes. I understood that this is some beginner that somehow got my code but from where I was curious because I certainly don’t use ideone(or any other online editor), neither do I know this guy he’s from a different city.

Now here come’s his side of story when I approached him on Insta:

As you can see, he was new and therefore tempted to copy and get that sweet AC. I forgive this dude because he actually had the courage to speak his mind, people that cheat, sometimes become aloof to the accusation of them cheating.

Sorry, for this lengthy write-up to defend myself, @admin I don’t know about his issue that he raised that my code became public during the contest(I don’t even remember the contest), I don’t know whether to believe it or not. Maybe it did because how else could he have gotten. Look into this. I sent the same message to help@codechef.com

His id:@ iamalpha1011

Ideally, if you want to report that some users have cheated, or if you want to appeal against having been caught for plagiarism, you should only send an email to help@codechef.com , and wait for a few weeks to get a reply.

But despite this instruction, if you do feel that you need to say something publicly, you can use this topic. Any other new topic that you start related to this will be closed, and you will also risk getting suspended.