Voice Your Interests here!

Pinned for 2 weeks.

2 Likes

Add badge tracking feature.

Add multiple session support (atleast) in Codechef Discuss. There are concerns from administration side regarding the same for the main site, but I don’t see a reason why Discuss should come under such restrictions.

Right now(for this reply), I am logged into discuss through an old session, even though I am not signed into the main account (through google sign in). Is this a bug or a feature? If it is a feature, I am unable to sign via other session because of login limit in main site.

2 Likes

I generally use codechef ide…
So it would be good if it can take sample test case automatically (when I have selected question obviously) so I can run all of them in one click without copying.

4 Likes

Also I gave one suggestion here :
The Brand New Discuss Forum - #6 by l_returns

A feature of the old forum which has disappeared is that the star-rating of the poster is no longer shown. This is a pity, as the rating of the poster usually reflects the quality of the post, indicating whether it is worth reading.

3 Likes

Is it the badges on this discuss forum that you speak about? If yes, I doubt the requirement of it as it focuses on a trivial benefit and would require lots of work to implement it. If you can explain the benefits of this feature and get some support(In the form of likes), I will add it into the list.

This reply is not to demean your suggestion but to give you a valid reason on why I have decided not to add it in the list. Also various other more-important suggestions(like the one’s given above) need to be implemented before feature’s like these.

Your suggestion is a nice one, but currently the discuss forum depends on Codechef login to get you signed in. But since you can login to Codechef through only 1 device at a time, you wont be able to access your discuss account simultaneously.

However I follow the following steps to use my discuss account on my mobile and PC:

• Codechef login - Device A
  • Discuss login - Device A
  • Codechef logout - Device A
  • Codechef login - Device B
  • Discuss login - Device B

After this you will be able to use the discuss account on both your devices :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

It’s single sign on, to login to Discuss, you have to use authentication of CodeChef. On CodeChef, we have a single session policy, but that doesn’t apply to Discuss.

Although, while logging in from the other device or browser, you’ll get a session limit error on CodeChef, where you have to select a session to continue with, but once you select session and login to Discuss, this won’t matter, i.e. you can login to Discuss from multiple device.

@infinitepro has already posted how to do it.

2 Likes

We have enabled it on Desktop mode on homepage. We are working on bringing the same to every other place where it’s not there. However, we have tried to show it wherever it’s possible.

3 Likes

This needs to be seriously implemented:-Unfair Ranklist For Codechef-Ratings(Too-much-crowding)

2 Likes

Have added the suggestion. Won’t the multiple polls cause confusion? Should I remove the polls from my post, or will you do it from your side?

1 Like

Can my polls be added to your polls? So it would be combined :slight_smile:
I already have 31 voters which is significant so I can’t delete :frowning:
And I hope,polls from both the posts should be added up!

1 Like

No need to merge the 2 polls in my opinion.

2 Likes

@vijju123 So how will the evaluation be done?
My poll has 55+ voters as of now.

1 Like

Another Suggestion is that have a default country and institution for filtering the rank-list in any contest. This should of course default to your own country/college. Its tedious to enter the same name every contest, every time I want to check my rank relative to others in my college.

2 Likes

Have added your suggestion. Also, @admin @vijju123, please notify me if any of the suggestions have been implemented or rejected, so that I can update this post accordingly.

3 Likes

It’s available on mobile too now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Also, what I feel is that reporting users for either posting spam or other issues would be a helpful thing.
For example, look at this recent post: Complete BS
So reporting such users would be helpful!
And if it increases the moderators’ load, which I am sure will, we can work out on a community guided feedback system (something like Google Maps uses to verify facts?)